GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boxster BBK OEM-ish Build

Roctre

Ready to race!
Here they are all clearcoated and pretty before they go on my car in a couple weeks

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Mine should be going on this Friday or Saturday. Been a long time coming

Roctre

Ready to race!
Mine should be going on this Friday or Saturday. Been a long time coming

I would put mine on tomorrow if I had fluid to do the flush but sadly I don't and i'm waiting for my dad and I to have a day off together so he can help with the flush.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
I would put mine on tomorrow if I had fluid to do the flush but sadly I don't and i'm waiting for my dad and I to have a day off together so he can help with the flush.

I've got 1 L of dot4 in the mail

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
any updates?????

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
Just had these installed on my car by Apikol in Colorado. Cool bunch of guys at Apikol. Love the braking power. Lost about 4-7 lbs per corner. Car corners better. Congrats on doing this upgrade.

Roctre

Ready to race!
Mine got delayed due to one of the crossover tubes threads being messed up on the caliper so I had to order a tap and haven't had time to fix the threads and put the calipers on yet. I might do them Tuesday.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
When I finally got around to installing these, I realized my paint was chipping all over. Going to order different paint and try again sometime next week

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Because this is what I like to do on a Saturday night....

I noticed that ECS is carrying the Creations Motorsport brackets and the lower-than-Apikol price got me thinking about planning this upgrade for my car, but because I have B6 spindles it's really important that I know which side of the spindle these carriers are meant to mount on.

Despite the fact that ECS says that the Creations Motorsport brackets will fit a B6 Passat, they absolutely will not fit a B6 Passat if these pictures are accurate. The CM bracket looks like it mounts on the "inboard" side of the spindle, where the Apikol mounts on the "outboard" side like the stock carriers.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but it came up on Google when I was searching for pictures to compare how the CM and Apikol mounts are installed.

tuga86

Because this is what I like to do on a Saturday night....

I noticed that ECS is carrying the Creations Motorsport brackets and the lower-than-Apikol price got me thinking about planning this upgrade for my car, but because I have B6 spindles it's really important that I know which side of the spindle these carriers are meant to mount on.

Despite the fact that ECS says that the Creations Motorsport brackets will fit a B6 Passat, they absolutely will not fit a B6 Passat if these pictures are accurate. The CM bracket looks like it mounts on the "inboard" side of the spindle, where the Apikol mounts on the "outboard" side like the stock carriers.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but it came up on Google when I was searching for pictures to compare how the CM and Apikol mounts are installed.

Short Bus, can you confirm 100% that Creations Motorsports bracket wont fit the Passat spindle?
Planning on installing the B6 spindles and will be forced to upsize the 288mm front brakes on the Rabbit, I believe. that's why I was considering the 986 upgrade, The slow Rabbit can use all the weight shaving I can achieve!

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Short Bus, can you confirm 100% that Creations Motorsports bracket wont fit the Passat spindle?
Planning on installing the B6 spindles and will be forced to upsize the 288mm front brakes on the Rabbit, I believe. that's why I was considering the 986 upgrade, The slow Rabbit can use all the weight shaving I can achieve!

I’m afraid I can’t. I’m making a guess based on pictures. One of the two of these brackets should work, but it has to be the one that mounts the carrier on the same side as the stock brakes.

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone use the Creation Motorsport brackets? I know the Performance Diesel didn’t center the rotor, and you needed to shave the pegs on the calipers. I’d like to avoid doing that. Looking for anyone to confirm the CM brackets work without modifying. Otherwise I’ll get the Apikols.

tuga86

Anyone use the Creation Motorsport brackets? I know the Performance Diesel didn’t center the rotor, and you needed to shave the pegs on the calipers. I’d like to avoid doing that. Looking for anyone to confirm the CM brackets work without modifying. Otherwise I’ll get the Apikols.

I'm talking with Apikol about the banjo bolt situation as I was told on Facebook it's not safe to run the oem lines with a banjo bolt on this calipers. I will ask their take on the mounting situation with the creation motorsport bracket.
Dvral85 can you confirm Apikol would work with the Passat spindles? They are just so insanely expensive!