GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

deAutoKey red footwell lights, one bright one dim?

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
Hey guys,
I just got done installing my complete interior kit with red footwell lights. First off, I have to say that the majority of these things are super bright. They look awesome and really make the car pop. The only issue I am having right now is that I noticed that the red footwell lights are uneven in brightness. I will have to play around with it tomorrow, maybe take a few pics to illustrate the difference. But it seems like the drivers side one is about 5-10x brighter than the passenger side one. I will take them out and swap them tomorrow to confirm this. Even set at 30%, the default setting, the drivers side one is super bright and illuminates the entire area. The passenger side one is very dim, and barely lights it up at all. I know that since the driver's side light is mounted on that plastic piece with the ODBII, and is at a different angle, that could throw off the brightness. But the difference seems to great to have this account for it.

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Try flipping the dim one around in its housing. I had the same problem and it turned out i installed one backwards. After I flipped it around it went back to normal brightness.

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
Try flipping the dim one around in its housing. I had the same problem and it turned out i installed one backwards. After I flipped it around it went back to normal brightness.

Pretty sure I didn't make that mistake, but I will check. Really hope that isn't it, because I consciously thought about the correct way to put them in, seeing as how they have a giant heat sink on the back side.