GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old Yesterday, 11:33 PM   #40503
Boscogn
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheder9000 View Post
Got pulled over the other day and got written up for window tint, tinted tail lights, no front plate and believe it if not, too low...
Damn did you oink at em or something? That seems like you pissed them off or something. Too low is that a thing? What code is that I'm curious.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM   #40504
whitewolf33
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 CW Wolfsburg
Quote:
Got pulled over the other day and got written up for window tint, tinted tail lights, no front plate and believe it if not, too low...
That sucks. Sounds like he went out of his way. I got a ticket over the weekend for a tinted front license plate cover. Cops by me have been cracking down on this. I knew I was playing with fire.
Revo Stage 1 // R8 Coil Packs // 034 Insert // DG Springs // Depo LED Tails // Votex Lip // Tyrol Brake Stiffening // OEM Roof Rack // Clear Sidemarkers // 35% Tint // Interior LED's // Double Apex USB // Black Grille Stripes // Short Rokblokz // Yellow Fog Bulbs // VAG tweaks
whitewolf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:05 AM   #40505
ithrashmotors
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: Mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewolf33 View Post
That sucks. Sounds like he went out of his way. I got a ticket over the weekend for a tinted front license plate cover. Cops by me have been cracking down on this. I knew I was playing with fire.

Wow that's ridiculous! I've been without a front plate for about 4 years and even when I have been pulled over they didn't even notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Today, 12:37 AM   #40506
Mk6_vic
Autocross Newbie

Drives: Mk6 GTI 2011. 2-Door. Candy White
Quote:

Damn that's in Fontana, CA?
I've been without a front license plate for about 2 years..I'll have to be careful. I go out to San Bernardino often
Mk6_vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:37 AM   #40507
Cheder9000
Touring Car Champion

Drives: Candy white GTI
It was actually around Pasadena where I got pulled over. I was on my way to euro17 car show and was doing 80 in the carpool lane. I was a little distracted and didn't see the cop so I didn't slow down. He said he stopped me for speed but didnt write that down.
Cheder9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:57 AM   #40508
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscogn View Post
Good point but so much work haha. I'm thinking maybe my caliper because I doubt the bushings could be different sizes
Quote:
Originally Posted by notovicrious View Post
If only there was a way to heat the caliper without torching the piston and seals lol. That would definitely help though.
Try the opposite....freezing the insert ("shrinking" the metal a little) and sliding it into the caliper
Old Today, 03:00 AM   #40509
Boscogn
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: CSG 2013 GTI DSG 4DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
Try the opposite....freezing the insert ("shrinking" the metal a little) and sliding it into the caliper
Haha they in the freezer as we speak. I do this with failed hard drives all the time so I can spin it long enough to ghost a copy.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Tags
#assman, "yeah" -marshawn lynch, brunkelgotback, circlejerk thread, damndaniel, dat forum doe, dfd can suck it, dont care it got driven, dont quote pics people, dsgsr4women, dubpl8 1-900-suk-ndik, dubpl8 ate his dads ass, dubpl8 likes shrimping, fukyours2k, i'm an excellent driver, ihadsexwithmygastank, my body is ready, no one cares tiggy, nobodycares u washedit, purple helmet warrior, really nbdy crs u wshd it, sexybrunkel, srs ndy crs u washed it, vandorin was here, who's dubpl8?