GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LSD install quote -- $3,700??

zef

Drag Racing Champion
^ well summarized. It's definitely an investment, it's just crazy how labor intensive it is. I'm wondering if it's almost cheaper to pick up a junkyard trans and have someone do it and just swap out the trans myself.

That being said, the guy that gave me the quote stated that it doesn't add any labor time to do the clutch packs...is it really worth doing at only 50k miles, or just skip? I probably wouldn't do APR clutch packs.. that's a little overkill I think.

Chris659

Ready to race!
^ well summarized. It's definitely an investment, it's just crazy how labor intensive it is. I'm wondering if it's almost cheaper to pick up a junkyard trans and have someone do it and just swap out the trans myself.

That being said, the guy that gave me the quote stated that it doesn't add any labor time to do the clutch packs...is it really worth doing at only 50k miles, or just skip? I probably wouldn't do APR clutch packs.. that's a little overkill I think.

I'm wondering the same thing about clutch packs... I'm at 78k now and they say generally 120k out of them. May just do refresh while in there

Joveen

Ready to race!
Where in CT was this? I'm curious need an install myself but I'm manual.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
Where in CT was this? I'm curious need an install myself but I'm manual.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

We are a little ways from your location down here in Branford. But the drive is generally worth it to have something with decades of experience performing the work. We just finished up a Wavetrac/APR Clutch pack installation on a MK7 02e.

This job takes every bit of 14-16 hours or so to do it right. We don't cut corners here. We also replace the Rear Main seal with an iAbed industries Billet plate and spring loaded seal since the factory unit is so prone to failure.

Feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you are interested in a quote. We stock Wavetrac Differentials, the iAbed seal and the APR clutch packs if that is what you're after.

Greg@excelerateperformance.com

Chris659

Ready to race!
We are a little ways from your location down here in Branford. But the drive is generally worth it to have something with decades of experience performing the work. We just finished up a Wavetrac/APR Clutch pack installation on a MK7 02e.

This job takes every bit of 14-16 hours or so to do it right. We don't cut corners here. We also replace the Rear Main seal with an iAbed industries Billet plate and spring loaded seal since the factory unit is so prone to failure.

Feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you are interested in a quote. We stock Wavetrac Differentials, the iAbed seal and the APR clutch packs if that is what

How do you guys like the APR clutch packs? Any done on a MKVI?

Would you recommend them at K04 power levels? Have 74k on the car and still waiting to get my LSD installed as I've been debating replacing clutch pack while it's apart...

Haven't gotten much of any real feedback from APR or anyone else

I already got the upgraded RMS from you guys a few months ago

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
I'm wondering the same thing about clutch packs... I'm at 78k now and they say generally 120k out of them. May just do refresh while in there

That's fair, but 140k miles here and zero issues with clutch packs at stage 1+ power levels.