GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Phur

Autocross Champion
I recently lost a wheel bolt cap because it looks like somewhere along the line someone decided to replace the wheel locks with random wheel bolts (not oem). [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I recently lost a wheel bolt cap because it looks like somewhere along the line someone decided to replace the wheel locks with random wheel bolts (not oem). [emoji849]

turd goblins.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
So if I swap them out with OEM lugs they should hold? Anywhere else besides ECS to get them? Last I checked they were insanely expensive.

Yes sir

BUT that's only assuming the steelies you have will accept a (OEM) ball seat bolt and don't require cone seat

Post up a WTB ad for some OEM lug bolts (if they'll work)....I'm sure someone has some stock ones laying around that they'll ship you :thumbsup:

webbry4

Ready to race!
Yesterday on the freeway around 70-80mph when accelerating I get a pretty hard shaking perfectly smooth at idle and lower speeds unless I'm WOT. I've read it could be either axle issue or motor mounts. Want to get some opinions on what it could be and also what to look for if it is the axles or motor mounts.

I should also mention I went to integrated engineering stage 2 about a month ago. DSG car as well

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Yesterday on the freeway around 70-80mph when accelerating I get a pretty hard shaking perfectly smooth at idle and lower speeds unless I'm WOT. I've read it could be either axle issue or motor mounts. Want to get some opinions on what it could be and also what to look for if it is the axles or motor mounts.

I should also mention I went to integrated engineering stage 2 about a month ago. DSG car as well

More likely motor mounts. I would get them anyways with any tune. Tranny, engine and dogbone.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

webbry4

Ready to race!
More likely motor mounts. I would get them anyways with any tune. Tranny, engine and dogbone.

Excuse my ignorance to the subject but if it were my mounts why would it only affect high speed acceleration and my whole steering wheel shake rather than shake at any acceleration and even rough idle is what I would think it would act like if it were mounts.

Mounts are in the plans soon any way but want to tackle this issue.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Excuse my ignorance to the subject but if it were my mounts why would it only affect high speed acceleration and my whole steering wheel shake rather than shake at any acceleration and even rough idle is what I would think it would act like if it were mounts.

high torque situations vs lesser torque situations?

phatmat88

I have an OBD2 Wifi Scanner from Amazon ($19.99) + Carista App and the Key Fob feature is in there FYI. Helpful for codes + mods.

Haven’t read the rest of the thread.

Just hold lock to wind up, and hold unlock to wind down the windows and sunroof.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion

I don't know the science behind it. I just know people with this issue get mounts to fix.

If I had to guess at higher speeds your car starts shaking under acceleration because at highway speeds your stock bushings/mounts have absorbed all they could and what you feel is the spill over from the added power over stock. The stock bushings/mounts were designed for stock power and you should upgrade them so you have less engine movement which will let you put more power down by negating wheel hop caused by your engine moving.

Anyways this kit seems good as everyone likes the motor mount pair this adds their dogbone inserts as well.

https://store.034motorsport.com/mot...-mkv-mkvi-volkswagen-8j-8p-audi-2-0t-fsi.html

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
Dsg slipped on me the other day as i was trying to floor and pass on a sudden yellow light. (I have a feeling its because i let the car sit for about a week though but Im only at 28k miles w stg2.) Anyone else experience this? My whips givin me a headache -.- Faulty IM that dealer wont replace until cel pops on and now slipping dsg lmao. Das auto alright.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Dsg slipped on me the other day as i was trying to floor and pass on a sudden yellow light. (I have a feeling its because i let the car sit for about a week though but Im only at 28k miles w stg2.) Anyone else experience this? My whips givin me a headache -.- Faulty IM that dealer wont replace until cel pops on and now slipping dsg lmao. Das auto alright.

You have a DSG tube? That fixed my issues with that.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Every time I run over a bump or put the car in drive (sometimes) I hear a clunk. Checked all bolts and everything is tight. Any ideas? Can hear it come from the front right every time.