GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18" Denver Rims?

Zidds

Hello,
I own a 2011 GTI Autobahn. I have been searching all over and cannot find a definitive answer. I keep seeing MKVI GTI's with 18" "Detroit" rims. I am wondering why mine look like these "Denver" rims (pic below). From searching it seems like '11 GTI's should have Detroits stock. Mine are definitely 18". Is it possible that mine are painted over, rims from another model or are there such things as 18" Denver rims? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

https://goo.gl/photos/Ci1KX3gSG71ASXGF6

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I bet somebody refinished those Detroit's. I like the look better than the polished look of Detroit's.

Zidds

I dunno. The paint job kinda gives them a hub cap look to me. I think the Detroit's look "sharp" figuratively and literally :p.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Different stokes as they say. I sold my Detroit's because they just didn't do it for me. A bit too much bling I guess.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Hello,
I own a 2011 GTI Autobahn. I have been searching all over and cannot find a definitive answer. I keep seeing MKVI GTI's with 18" "Detroit" rims. I am wondering why mine look like these "Denver" rims (pic below). From searching it seems like '11 GTI's should have Detroits stock. Mine are definitely 18". Is it possible that mine are painted over, rims from another model or are there such things as 18" Denver rims? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

https://goo.gl/photos/Ci1KX3gSG71ASXGF6

It is possible that they are repainted Detroits, or they may be Hufeisen's more commonly known as Huff's which came on MK5
Gti's.

Last edited:

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Repainted rims for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zidds

Ah well. Thanks for the replies. I think it would be the logical choice just to purchase new rims instead of getting them re-machined.

Andrew429

Ready to race!
Looks like the mk5 wheel color