GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helpless child's vorpal GTI

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
:w00t: I got a BSH torque mount installed about 6 weeks ago and my DSG is much smoother, especially when downshifting in manual mode.

i will have my BSH insert in exactly a week...DSG here too..hopefully the vibrations aren't insane, since i love my ride smooth :D

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
i will have my BSH insert in exactly a week...DSG here too..hopefully the vibrations aren't insane, since i love my ride smooth :D

I just wrote up my driving impressions in McQueen's review thread...read this if you want to better understand the so-called vibrations:

The first thing I have to say is WOW. Not just wow because of how smooth the shifting transitions are (and it's a huge difference, by the way), but wow because I actually LIKE the added engine feel and resonance. It actually makes the car feel more aggressive and sporty, almost angry/mean at idle. It's very much transparent at all times, seems natural in fact. The most noticeable times I experienced it were starting out in reverse (of course), coming to an engine braking stop (right before I actually take it out of gear and into neutral) and a little more with the AC on. Being that I also have a catback mated to an unresonated downpipe, I already have a good deal of cabin resonance from my exhaust. The addition of the the insert seems to actually be harmonious with the existing cabin experience.

I actually found myself laughing at my previous paranoia about this "vibration" people were complaining about. Yes it's technically vibration in the literal sense but honestly, that carries a negative connotation in this context and I don't even want to use that term anymore to describe it. "Feedback" is much more appropriate given the way it feels. The engine just feels more connected to the whole car, synergistic even. This is quite logical given the actual nature of the insert and it's purpose. The lurch between shifts vanishes altogether in all but the laziest shifting patterns. Downshifting is spectacularly smooth...with proper rev-matching, it doesn't even feel like you've changed gears...just upped the RPMs.

A disclaimer: I am very gentle off the line for practical purposes so wheel hop has rarely been a phenomena that I experience during my daily driving, even when it's at it's most spirited. I don't pound until I'm really moving because it feels pointless to spin my wheels like a clown. That being said, I can't comment on how much it reduces that hop. I can imagine that logically it does reduce it significantly, given the reasons behind the hop itself.

Ultimately, I can say this is a hugely rewarding modification and one I'm thrilled that I finally did after months of debating. I can't even imagine the feedback would bother someone, even right after the install, let alone after a short break in period.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
:w00t: I got a BSH torque mount installed about 6 weeks ago and my DSG is much smoother, especially when downshifting in manual mode.

Seems like we are in agreement about downshifting...it's my favorite benefit of this mod so far. It is amazing on a manual transmission. Good to know the DSG crowd is getting similar enjoyment during downshifts.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Oh man your quote drew a new image in my head and now i want to drive it like a soccer mom!!

too bad it's at the dealer, just spending a day there and i am already missing it so bad...makes me realize how much i love it :(

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
Oh man your quote drew a new image in my head and now i want to drive it like a soccer mom!!

too bad it's at the dealer, just spending a day there and i am already missing it so bad...makes me realize how much i love it :(

Like a soccer mom? :iono:

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
i heard american dude at the gym saying that about drivers here, so i though it could be related lmao

Soccer moms typically drive minivans/SUVs to cart around kids. I think you might be using it incorrectly here. About the only similar reference might be how I explain the way I launch (or rather DON'T launch) my car hard off the line, therefore not experiencing wheel hop often. Was that it?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
They are also usually texting, talking on the phone, or doing makeup as well - and typically either drive VERY slow or VERY fast, lol.....

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
They are also usually texting, talking on the phone, or doing makeup as well - and typically either drive VERY slow or VERY fast, lol.....

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
pretty much.....