GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Our TDI tires

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
:confused:

Do you even know what the stock tires on a Carrara GT are?

Mine came with the Continentals. They are great tires for normal everyday driving. I don't really know how these tires are sloppy because the cars themselves are sloppy. This is because they are normal daily drivers.

He doesn't know anything, about anything...just likes to talk

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
:confused:

Do you even know what the stock tires on a Carrara GT are?

Mine came with the Continentals. They are great tires for normal everyday driving. I don't really know how these tires are sloppy because the cars themselves are sloppy. This is because they are normal daily drivers.

Yes, they are the Pilot Sport PS2 tire, and were known to be the worse tire to be put on a Carrera GT. They are great on almost any other ride, but were absolutely terrifying on the GT. And to prove it, Michelin and Porsche were working on creating a new tire to give better driving experience, improved grip and response times, and faster lap times. But hey, the old tire was so good that porsche and michelin listened to the 1500+ owners and decided to engineer a new one just for shits and giggles :laugh:

rd17VWTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
TDI Tires

I just bought a practically new 2012 Golf TDI a few weeks ago from a VW enthusiast that has owned 7 Golfs/GTIs and it came with a set of about 3 month old Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires that he had put on. He said he's tried quite a few different tires on his various VWs and said he likes the Continental Extremes the most on the TDI.

While I admit Ive only been driving on them for a few weeks so I cant speak to how long they last, but so far I like them a lot and their actually really quiet.
They also seem to overall get very good reviews online. I'm curious to see how they will be in the snow this upcoming winter, but being considered as a "Ultra High-performance All-season" class tire, Im hoping they will perform the way that grade of tire should. So far I like them a lot.

Def worth checking out at least

Yukon

Passed Driver's Ed
I just bought a practically new 2012 Golf TDI a few weeks ago from a VW enthusiast that has owned 7 Golfs/GTIs and it came with a set of about 3 month old Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires that he had put on. He said he's tried quite a few different tires on his various VWs and said he likes the Continental Extremes the most on the TDI.

While I admit Ive only been driving on them for a few weeks so I cant speak to how long they last, but so far I like them a lot and their actually really quiet.
They also seem to overall get very good reviews online. I'm curious to see how they will be in the snow this upcoming winter, but being considered as a "Ultra High-performance All-season" class tire, Im hoping they will perform the way that grade of tire should. So far I like them a lot.

Def worth checking out at least

All season tires should be outlawed, or at least the term "All Season". There is no tire out there that is good in all four seasons. Get yourself a dedicated set of winter wheels and tires, then run good "all season" or "summer" tires the rest of the year. You will be much happier, trust me...

PouncingPanzer

Well, it's not the tires fault. It's VWs for telling people every 10k is frequent enough for getting your tires rotated. Well, from my experiance, it's not. I did a rotate every 5k and got 40,000 quiet miles out of those same tires. Wearas I did my buddies 10k on his GTI and he immediatly called me complaining about noise. Told him to do it every 5k ;) I've since gotten factory R wheels and P ZERO tires and continue my every 5k rotate and after 25k they too are still quiet and smooth. I've found the Pirrellis wear very nice. Much better then the contipros. Should be able to get 50k out of them easy. On the CCs the Contiseal tires they have get wipped out at 20k and sometimes needed replaced. Try selling that to a customer, it isn't easy haha.

PouncingPanzer

Agree, most all season tires are good in snow for about the first 8k maybe less. After that they're 3 season tires. So, if you get them installed when the snow starts falling you probably could rock them for all four seasons, but don't plan on rolling into another winter again cause your ass is gonna be in a ditch ha.

THEREUB96

Cooper CS6s (maybe CS5s) are pretty good all season tires if it doesn't snow much where you live. They aren't the quietest, but they do damn good in the wet, & they're around $95/tire.