GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Real world MPG, tuned R

bebersol

Ready to race!
I can get 29 to 30 MPG on the flat roads of Texas when I'm running at 70 in cruise control, in the winter with no AC on.

At 80 or in the summer with AC it's a little different (24-26).

If your worried about MPG, your may want to consider a GTI.

zrickety

The Fixer
Thanks. I have a GTI already, was just looking for the hard to find 2 door R with a manual. I will probably wait for 2017 to see what's what.

Mindfields

Ready to race!
Thanks. I have a GTI already, was just looking for the hard to find 2 door R with a manual. I will probably wait for 2017 to see what's what.

Coming from a GTI, I know the .:R sucks down the gas more, but she is a lot more fun to drive, better upgrade minus I miss DSG and the MPG

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Coming from a GTI, I know the .:R sucks down the gas more, but she is a lot more fun to drive, better upgrade minus I miss DSG and the MPG
Throw on some charge & discharge pipes + intake and that'll help MPG when you're not on the throttle. My MPG went from 16 to 19 when doing that... and yes, I drive it hard. :p

Your spot on though. I had a VW mechanic ask me how hard I drive it and let's just say he liked my response. :p

LateAPXR

Ready to race!
Throw on some charge & discharge pipes + intake and that'll help MPG when you're not on the throttle. My MPG went from 16 to 19 when doing that... and yes, I drive it hard. :p

Your spot on though. I had a VW mechanic ask me how hard I drive it and let's just say he liked my response. :p

Yep - after I threw on my discharge/charge pipes, air intake, and downpipe I noticed my consumption went down to 8.0L/100km on a recent trip I took. I was driving around 100-120kmh over the duration of it. The best I'd gotten before that was 8.6L/100km or so.

So about 27mpg > 29mpg.

sicsdeep1

Ready to race!
In the past 2 weeks, I have put just under 2K miles on it with 90% being highway and was able to get 29.5 MPG at an average highway speed of 75MPH.

But in real driving with my 50/50 city I get closer to 24MPG. I drive fairly aggressive on the throttle.

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
I average about 21 MPG i have a 12 mile highway commute that can be stop and go or up to 60 at times. Then around town and on weekends i like to enjoy the power and mods so im always in boost. I tried to be easy on it once on a trip to the beach and stayed around 65 mph in 6th most of the trip and got around 26/27.

Not a fuel efficient vehicle especially when having fun.

I also got similar mileage stock which gives credit to these mods and tunes to allow for so much more power while basically keeping fuel economy the same.

In the past 2 weeks, I have put just under 2K miles on it with 90% being highway and was able to get 29.5 MPG at an average highway speed of 75MPH.

But in real driving with my 50/50 city I get closer to 24MPG. I drive fairly aggressive on the throttle.

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
14? How the heck did you manage that?

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
If I thought the pulley would change the driving experience, I might pursue it. Really think someone botched the clutch install but I haven't driven many SMF cars.
Just looked at the mk7 R on fuelly, they are getting 17-28 mpg with the average at 23.

Not all SMF cars are super-chattery, but of course it's all relative...

Guys are running the Loba Sachs clutch (from Emmanuel Design, in CA) with SMF and report a low amount of noise/chatter

I wouldn't necessarily let a clutch stand in the way of a car i wanted, unless I didn't have a good shop around to change the clutch.