GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

License Plate Light Rear View Camera HELP!

VRawww

Hey guys I need some help.

I just installed my aftermarket rear view camera today (the one that goes into one of the license plate lights). Everything went good but one problem I had was that the license plate led light doesn't fit into the housing.

As you can see in this link, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-Volkswagen-Golf-VI-Mk6-2009-12-CCD-NTSC-Car-Park-Rear-View-Backup-Reverse-Camera/1724644122.html the rear view camera housing, I believe, is meant for a bulb but the GTI is has led lights. Any suggestions on how to fix this or what other aftermarket camera (non emblem) to buy to save my license plate light? Riding around with one license plate light is annoying and ugly!

Last edited:

GTI6891

Maybe install the license plate camera? They work great and you would still be able to have both lights. It simply attaches on the top of your plate.. I have seen other people who installed the camera by drilling into the rear bumper as well...if your not comfortable drilling then I would just buy the license plate camera.....BTW how is the quality of the camera you purchased?