GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 GTI vs Civic SI 2012!

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
And Honda knows..trust me. :thumbsup: Its just gonna take some time

Excellent. I know with the 5 (cough six-for-derivative-newest-generation cough) year production cycles that B/C requires long-term/patience, etc. Even though I'm a dubber now, I'm hoping that the folks at the end of your hall bring the magic back.

Judging by your sig, it looks like you've bounced around some manufacturers. In your current digs, to you get any flak from the fart-can set?

Candy11

Ready to race!
well i have owned prolly 10 hondas in my life. 2 vws (the first one a jetta III gls junk....) Anyway i condsidered waiting for a '12 Si till i realized its no better then a 06 Si. Honda's just keep getting uglier. And the new Si is 22k. wtf an 06 was 19,860? The Gti is hands down a better deal. It may not be as realiable but who keeps them after warranty anyway? Honda has forgotten that they made a motor called the k20a..... to bad for
North American buyers. Honda has always made awesome cars in NA but never gave us the motor we wanted from the factory.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
well i have owned prolly 10 hondas in my life. 2 vws (the first one a jetta III gls junk....) Anyway i condsidered waiting for a '12 Si till i realized its no better then a 06 Si. Honda's just keep getting uglier. And the new Si is 22k. wtf an 06 was 19,860? The Gti is hands down a better deal. It may not be as realiable but who keeps them after warranty anyway? Honda has forgotten that they made a motor called the k20a..... to bad for
North American buyers. Honda has always made awesome cars in NA but never gave us the motor we wanted from the factory.

Agree,Honda made quite cool cars before for N.A with the wrong engine,these days they are drawn trying to lead on the market with the wrong performance product or underestimating us as customers..
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/20/2012-honda-civic-recalled-already-over-potential-fuel-leak/

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Judging by your sig, it looks like you've bounced around some manufacturers. In your current digs, to you get any flak from the fart-can set?

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. Care to rephrase?

Cackalacka

Ready to race!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I've read stories that UAW workers don't particularly care for imports parking in their halls up in Michigan, as well as BMW putting fliers on employee cars that park non-beemers in the manufacturing facilities.

Given that the Si aspires to be GTI's rival, I was wondering if that translated to any potential flak your colleagues might throw at you when you roll into work?

No Flak at all. Theres a good variety of cars in our lot. Including another White MK6 and a grey MK5. Plus we're not plagued with UAW barking up our halls, so thats a plus.

Candy11

Ready to race!
your mk6 is more "union" made then most current GMs. Just not through the UAW. The same can be said for most current Toyotas but the yotas are UAW made.

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
your mk6 is more "union" made then most current GMs. Just not through the UAW. The same can be said for most current Toyotas but the yotas are UAW made.

I should qualify, I'm pro-union, and generally pro-UAW, just anti-stupid tribalism.