GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mounts to compliment K04?

mg_90

the bfi mount is an insert that goes inside the stock aluminium mount...it replaces the rubber

Thanks for the asnwer, but this is the support I am refering to, here the BSH mount with it circled in green:

And this is the BFI mount:

:thumbsup:

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
I've got BFI engine and Trans mounds, and a BSH insert and Pendulum mount. I love the combo so far. I didnt notice any real increase in noise and vibrations, but it did change the tone of the engine. I'd definitely recommend them for anyone over stage 1. I have ZERO wheel hop.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
I am selling VF mounts if anyone in here is interested. They have about 220 miles on them. They are basically new. PM me if your interested.

Tecni

Ready to race!
I'm stage II Revo and I already noticed my downpipe hanger mounts beginning to break so obviously there's way too much flexing and its overwhelming the OEM mounts. After adding the dogbone insert I've noticed the engine feels more "put". The downside is the added vibration and I even had to adjust the bumpers on the hatch to keep it from vibrating at idle.

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
Wish there was no vibration… Looked under the vehicle for any other source. No rubbing parts, exhaust is ok… Puzzling and annoying.

maybe it's installed wrong???? I really don't even notice my bfi torque arm insert. Zero wheel hop, makes the car feel great and alive. The only vibration i notice is in reverse and it's minimal

Halvie

WOOSA
I am selling VF mounts if anyone in here is interested. They have about 220 miles on them. They are basically new. PM me if your interested.

Also am selling VF mounts. Brand new never used. This is unless VF stops ignoring my emails asking to return them. Doesn't seem like that is going to happen.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
the mount for the bsh pic that you posted is actually used for the catch can too.

I have all the bsh mounts plus the hpa lower mount replacement. there are some vibes but you will get those with any mounts that have any balls to them. Im happy so far. all rubber is gone.

Halvie

WOOSA
Why are you selling your VF mounts?

Emailed them to ask what the durometer is and they blatantly lie about what it is. Asked for a serious answer / don't get a response. Going to run DLI mounts. Look interesting. R32 guys seem to like them a lot.

dsm1983

Go Kart Champion
Now that you have the K04 and mounts, in hindsight was it necessary or recommended?
Not necessary or recommended, but just seemed to fit with the rest of the engine build.
What are the pros/cons of living with your particular mounts as a DD?
Pros, no cons whatsoever. Plus they look neat.
Would you purchase them again?
Without question.
Any other info/advice you would give on mounts based on your experiences?
Torque appropriately and perform the install on a level surface.

D Darko

Ready to race!
Thanks for everyones info on this so far! Will definitely be looking into the stage 1 BFI mounts. Seems like a good way to go. Not necessarily looking for stiff race car here, but when I do the k04, want to make sure everything stays snug. If there are any other recommendations from personal experiences, please keep 'em comin'.