GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

You're not gonna believe this

graviton

Ready to race!
At my place of employment, a student is going through her field training. I just found out that her fiancee is some higher up in management in VW and is in the Golf MKVI team. So I gave her some questions to ask him.

He claims to have not heard anything about the R20 or the Scirrocco coming here. Also he gets a company car to bring home, and happened to have one of the 10 MKVI GTI's last week. This makes me sad since this means they haven't come over on the boat yet.:mad0259: I should have asked if I could come over and see it, but they live an hour away (near Flint).

zee

Go Kart Champion
The R20 is more or less just internet speculation at the moment. We will have to wait for VW announce and then launch it in Europe before expecting it in North America. The Scirocco on the otherhand will need to be estimated to constantly sell more than 500 a month before VW will consider selling it because the base price will be at the loss for them. Just pricing it in Euro and doing the conversion shows a scary price tag.

Last edited:

sweetsandman

Ready to race!
The Scirocco...although sexy...doesn't need to come here...it's like there being 2 different GTIs to pick from essentially. I anticipate we will only get the GTI. Maaayyyybe a GTI-R sometime in the future if it comes out...certainly not the first...or second year even.

sleepergti86

APRTuned
Guys,

Never fear, the R20 will be coming stateside. That is all i can say about that.

The Scirocco is NOT coming.

The MKVI GTI's are sitting in crates at the ports right now. We have one here that VWoA gave us because we did an awesome job building the car for them for Waterfest15.

One thing i can say is the car is a dream and has much higher quality build then the MKV in the interior and in person the car looks AWESOME once you lower it!

sleepergti86

APRTuned
Anybody want pics!?? Huh huh huh?!?! lol

supaflip

WWAATTAAHH!!!
interior shot please haha.

that's one hot red gti. i like the red color compare to the TR on the mkv. or does it look the same as the tr mkv in person?

sleepergti86

APRTuned
The interior is just more supple and ergonomic then the MKV. The touch and feel makes you feel like you're in a nicer car then the GTI (i like to just think "Hey! This is a GTI, and VW just decked out Honda, Ford, Toyota and Mazda in quality for nearly the same price!")

The instruments are easy to read and cycle through, the radio quality is better, the MFD seems to have more info, the cloth seats are nicer then the MKV and the car is quieter but not as much as i thought it was going to be.

The US bound GTI's are already being produced, yes! They are sitting at the ports awaiting VWoA to say go!

smoverstreet1

Chris, Thanks alot for the info. and pics! However, I am curious about your end of the MkVI. I have been considering coming to you for an upgrade on my MkV. Your gains are AWESOME! I am thinking about getting a MkVI first, and then tuning it. What have you guys been able to find out from the 6 so far? (tuning ease, reliability, gains, interaction with the XDS, etc.) I know this engine has been around for a year or so now, but I'm guessing there are still some differences you've encountered between the EA888 in the 5 and 6.

BTW, a video or 2 of the MkVI would not go unappreciated...:drool:

Miglan20

Driver
Hey Chris,

I do not know if you know but are we getting the Euro spec cloth seats with red stitching or are we once again getting the less bolstered Polo seats like in the MKV. From your pictures it looks like the Polo headrests but it is hard to tell. I do not understand why we can not get the good cloth seats. If you want the heavily bolstered seats you have to get leather and I do not want leather. Thanks