GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CarniifeX Chronicles: '14 Wolfsburg

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
I have since switched from the red to a silver/chrome look. The red was anodized and didn't quite match up with my theme. I've re-installed the GTD grille as well with the chrome striping.

Bummer about the pain of the catch can lines. I'm going to be ordering the ECS catch can here next.

I'm undecided on chrome stripes vs blacked out right now, but I think I want a change from the red to something more subtle.

Lastly, some WizeWash stuff headed your way this weekend :thumbsup:

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
As for the car; nothing new.

Getting a little surging at the moment. Not sure if it's from Cobb's updated v103 file, my DV+, or just from the issues I was having earlier. The VW tech said I was having problems with the throttle body opening at half throttle.

Keep me posted on the surging bud. I had a tech look at mine and he noted possible throttle body issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eth767

Awesome car. Glad deep and Sowal recommended the read definitely got me of another day in the field. I do have some questions about the Cobb tune, well more like would just want more information on it if you have any as I know nnootthhiinnggg about it. I was going to go uni because I heard Cobb just wasn't doing it so input would help. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

George11

Ready to race!
How are you liking the Adam's Rotors?
How about the Stoptech pads? A lot of dusting?

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Bummer about the pain of the catch can lines. I'm going to be ordering the ECS catch can here next.

I'm undecided on chrome stripes vs blacked out right now, but I think I want a change from the red to something more subtle.

Lastly, some WizeWash stuff headed your way this weekend :thumbsup:

Thanks again! Should be launching in the next few weeks!

Keep me posted on the surging bud. I had a tech look at mine and he noted possible throttle body issue.

Yeah, that's what my tech told me as well. I have an issue at half throttle apparently.

Awesome car. Glad deep and Sowal recommended the read definitely got me of another day in the field. I do have some questions about the Cobb tune, well more like would just want more information on it if you have any as I know nnootthhiinnggg about it. I was going to go uni because I heard Cobb just wasn't doing it so input would help. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

The Cobb tune is great so far. I've had a few hiccups, but they release updated files pretty frequently which is a plus in my opinion. The main lure with Cobb is the AccessPort. It's an awesome tuning tool that lets you keep track of almost every single sensor and parameter on the vehicle. You can also data log and use their 0-60 timer, among other things.

How are you liking the Adam's Rotors?

How about the Stoptech pads? A lot of dusting?

I'm loving them! They're mostly for the cosmetic appeal as they're carbon coated centric rotors, nothing too fancy. The combination of the rotors and pads has definitely increased the amount of brake dust, no doubt. I try to keep them clean though so the dust doesn't bake into the wheel.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, that's what my tech told me as well. I have an issue at half throttle apparently.

I did some research and asking around and the N75 valve is coming up a lot as an issue. I ordered one and received it the other day. I'll put it on here in a few days and we'll see. Hopefully it's fixed! Do you have any fluttering noises when you are at 1/2 throttle?

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
I did some research and asking around and the N75 valve is coming up a lot as an issue. I ordered one and received it the other day. I'll put it on here in a few days and we'll see. Hopefully it's fixed! Do you have any fluttering noises when you are at 1/2 throttle?

I actually had my N80 purge valve replaced when they replaced my fuel pump and oil gasket. Not my N75. I don't have fluttering noises but my AP shows my boost fluctuating from ~2.8 - 3.2 with the same amount of throttle pressure.