GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Few drops of coolant in oil..URGENT

samguan

Ready to race!
Was doing my engine oil today, i used the same funnel that I used for coolant but I wiped it clean but didn't wipe inside the funnel tip. So as I was pouring the engine oil, I noticed a drop or two of red coolant went into my engine... the funnel has been sitting there for couple months so I thought it would be dried up so I just clean wiped it. Haven't started not my engine yet.

I'm concerned as will this damage my engine or I should be ok?

samguan

Ready to race!
That's what I thought too, thanks. I started my engine already, didn't notice any smoke or anything unusuall, probably very little went in, little dried residual inside the funnel tip that was all I think, I got scared when I saw red for like a blip of a second...

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
No worries it won't hurt a thing. Time to clean the funnel & drink a beer.

Was doing my engine oil today, i used the same funnel that I used for coolant but I wiped it clean but didn't wipe inside the funnel tip. So as I was pouring the engine oil, I noticed a drop or two of red coolant went into my engine... the funnel has been sitting there for couple months so I thought it would be dried up so I just clean wiped it. Haven't started not my engine yet.

I'm concerned as will this damage my engine or I should be ok?

he means drink it FROM that funnel for sure