GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbon clean in Boston area?

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Glad you got your GTI sorted out OP!

I didn't realize that NorthEast Autobahn was over on 1A/Washington in Walpole!? Specifically, in the same lot as a buddy that also has a shop there (MasterTech is his shop's name.)

Might have to check em' out for my GTI... Always good to have a nearby shop as Banch is not always convenient if I have other things to do during the day. :)

Last edited:

yuev87

Reviving an old thread here:

A few months later, the cold start misfires did start coming back. Since moving back to Boston, I've been doing a lot more stop and go driving than I used to when I lived in Jersey. So I brought the car back to Northeast Autobahn and Max stayed with his $300 quote for carbon cleaning. He also suggested replacing the #2 fuel injector because that was where most of the misfires were coming from - no extra labor and the price that he charged for the injector was pretty much the same price as it would have been on rockauto with shipping.

After walnut blasting, before final touchup

While everything was apart, Max inspected my timing chain tensioner as well and saw it was the old revision. We decided to go ahead and replace that as well. Just got my car back last night and it feels like I've regained a BUNCH of low end torque. Hasn't been cold enough for cold start misfires, but hopefully we've taken care of all the big issues for a while.

Highly recommend Max and his shop: Northeast Autobahn.

SyDiko

Ready to race!

Me too!

Last Thursday, my coils blew on the way to work and as I limped my GTI home, I thought it would be a perfect time to call him up. He was the only one at the shop, diagnosed my CEL, and even plugged in the coils for me. I did play kind of dumb, but I think he was onto me... Either way, I wanted to see if he'd rake me over the coals, but nope. He sold me the coils at value and didn't even charge me for labor!

Overall, he's very knowledgeable, honest, and a really good guy, :thumbsup:

Last edited:

blue_mkvi_gti

Ready to race!

While everything was apart, Max inspected my timing chain tensioner as well and saw it was the old revision. We decided to go ahead and replace that as well. Just got my car back last night and it feels like I've regained a BUNCH of low end torque. Hasn't been cold enough for cold start misfires, but hopefully we've taken care of all the big issues for a while.

Did you only replace the tensioner or also the chain? How much did it all cost?

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie

A few months later, the cold start misfires did start coming back. Since moving back to Boston, I've been doing a lot more stop and go driving than I used to when I lived in Jersey. So I brought the car back to Northeast Autobahn and Max stayed with his $300 quote for carbon cleaning. He also suggested replacing the #2 fuel injector because that was where most of the misfires were coming from - no extra labor and the price that he charged for the injector was pretty much the same price as it would have been on rockauto with shipping.

How were these pics taken? I.e. - did a lot of parts need to be removed to take these pics? I want to know how mine looks. I'm not having any issues but the OCD in me wants my valves cleaned as well!!!

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie

Just wanted you guys to know that I sent my buddy to Max...and my friend was forever grateful. My buddy did the walnut blasting also plus some injector/fuel rail work. Easy to say that Max / Northeast Autobahn got a lifelong customer. Just wanted to share that.