GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rev D diverter valve???

Red Dragon1

Passed Driver's Ed
I have noticed alot of you guys have got Rev D Diverter Valves. Whats the difference/advantage of these over stock?

Last edited:

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
If you have suffered a sudden loss of boost a likely culprit is a torn diverter valve. Since many of us have confirmed that our cars have the piston type which is more robust and can't tear its not an issue. On my 2011 I have a C type. I replaced it with a D thinking the C was the old style that was bound to tear. Wrong, now I have a spare piston type. So, leave it alone until it fails.
Steve

GTIwannagofast

Ready to race!
If you have suffered a sudden loss of boost a likely culprit is a torn diverter valve. Since many of us have confirmed that our cars have the piston type which is more robust and can't tear its not an issue. On my 2011 I have a C type. I replaced it with a D thinking the C was the old style that was bound to tear. Wrong, now I have a spare piston type. So, leave it alone until it fails.
Steve

:word:
if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I installed it for the peace of mind, my stock one was a rubber one, the mechanic told me this will hold boost a lot better and is far less likely to break.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
There is no reason to buy the Rev D. People do it so they can fix a problem that no longer exists. I think people just want to have a longer mod list.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
There is no reason to buy the Rev D. People do it so they can fix a problem that no longer exists. I think people just want to have a longer mod list.

Wrong.

If you are running on anything that includes stage 1 and above and you're using the Rev. G (diaphragm) DV - then there is a reason to replace it with either a D or a C piston type DV.

The rubber diaphragm DV's do not last very long on modified GTi's with higher boost pressures. This is a known fact and is the single biggest point of failure on modified GTis. I'm surprised you don't know that?

Rubber diaphragm Diverter valves fail all the time. Replacing them with a stronger, more reliable piston type DV is the logical thing to do. End of story.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
Wrong.

If you are running on anything that includes stage 1 and above and you're using the Rev. G (diaphragm) DV - then there is a reason to replace it with either a D or a C piston type DV.

The rubber diaphragm DV's do not last very long on modified GTi's with higher boost pressures. This is a known fact and is the single biggest point of failure on modified GTis. I'm surprised you don't know that?

Rubber diaphragm Diverter valves fail all the time. Replacing them with a stronger, more reliable piston type DV is the logical thing to do. End of story.

...evidence of this?

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Wrong.

If you are running on anything that includes stage 1 and above and you're using the ______ (insert clutch or other component that you are worried about)- then there is a reason to replace it with ____________(insert your favourite upgrade eg: Southbend clutch).

Why wait, pull out your wallet and re-do a number of OEM parts in anticipation of a possible failure.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Wrong.

Wrong.

The MK6 TSI's do not have the divertor valve problems the older models did. I'm surprised you don't know that? The stock valve is fine. End of story.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Wrong.

The MK6 TSI's do not have the divertor valve problems the older models did. I'm surprised you don't know that? The stock valve is fine. End of story.

Well I have seen enough proof on these forums to know this isn't true.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I wouldnt worry about it until it ACTUALLY had to be removed. Its money you'd save up front.

Maybe you could buy one (if oyu wanted peace of mind) have it in the car just in case the other one ever went out.

But I agree with DBEST, there really hasnt been many reportable issues to call this a "market trend". FSI MKV's had some SERIOUS DV issues.