GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R20 Tail Lights error removal euro spec

DARE

Hi,

got myself a pair of original tinted r20 led tails, and now I get the bulb out errors. The car is a 2013 Mk6 (one of the last made) and its a european one.

At byte 18 I originally have 40, not 20 or anything similar. I have fogs at front and back, and drls + xenons at front.

Any ideas what I should try? I tested 41 and 43. 41 Gave no erros but the tail lights and front xenons were always on, (didn't switch off during daylight as usual) and the front drls went off. 43 made the drls blink and gave "check drl" errors.

yunone

Ready to race!
I ran into this with someone with a 2011. There simply was no code listed for his cluster in any of the diy.

We had to copy and paste the long code from a diy, I believe it ended in 21, for the error to go away. I have also read copy and paste long code is bad, but it was the only my option to make it work

Sent from my HTC One

greine16

Ready to race!
Coding

I have a 2013 golf as well and with the same options lighting wise and 21 is what I had to change my coding to as well for it to work. Hope this helps

I ran into this with someone with a 2011. There simply was no code listed for his cluster in any of the diy.

We had to copy and paste the long code from a diy, I believe it ended in 21, for the error to go away. I have also read copy and paste long code is bad, but it was the only my option to make it work

Sent from my HTC One

DARE

I have a 2013 golf as well and with the same options lighting wise and 21 is what I had to change my coding to as well for it to work. Hope this helps

Is your car euro spec? I mean do you have the same specifications as i do, with xenon headlights, DRL on during days and left fog at back?

Sent from my HTC One

I'm not keen in copying any long code, but I could try 21. Problem is I'm informed this would be for models w/o rear fog, but I have one.

I guess I'll give it a try anyway, shouldn't do any harm.

DARE

Thanks for the information, I'll give it a try tomorrow :)

EDIT:

Just one more question, I wonder does it matter that I had 40 at byte 18 previously? I mean is that what others with the same configuration w/o led tails had before they changed it? I don't know much about coding so I'm in the process of learning everything done right now...

Last edited:

DARE