GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Winter care

mongo1

Ready to race!
So what do people do to keep their cars looking nice in the winter?

It's too cold for me to wash the car myself. I don't trust the normal car washes. I can't seem to find a touchless car wash.

I don't know anything about waterless car washing, and have never gone to a detailer. Are those the best winter options? Are there other options?

If people could share what they do, how they do it, and perhaps the cost, that would be great.

This is the first car I've ever owned new, so it's the first car that hasn't been swirled to death by car washes before I got my hands on it. I'd like to do right by my new car. :)

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
Its been proven waterless car washes arent good for your paint..
Is there any brushless car washes like the spinning pressure washer type?

how much does a detailer charge FOR A QUICK WASH?

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
I get mine washed at this hand car wash place by my house for $21! they do really good job. Hand car wash is the only wash that wont scratch your paint or anything :)

Rob2.5

Ready to race!
I get mine washed at this hand car wash place by my house for $21! they do really good job. Hand car wash is the only wash that wont scratch your paint or anything :)

Where is this I live in NJ too!:happyanim:

Dennis Moeller

Passed Driver's Ed

Nice picture! Hand wash is the way to go for sure, but be aware that handwash and drying methods afterwards WILL create marring or scratches. Can't really avoid it but you can keep them to a minimum :)

My advice; degrease absolute the whole car, use a clay bar to remove tar spots and salt, rinse thoroughly, handwash with two bucket method, use a micro fibre mitt not a sponge, use a good shampoo, only use microfibre towels to dry your car and wash them each time you've used them, use a good sealer and let it cure and top the whole thing off with a good wax with no polish effect....

Rob2.5

Ready to race!
Nice picture! Hand wash is the way to go for sure, but be aware that handwash and drying methods afterwards WILL create marring or scratches. Can't really avoid it but you can keep them to a minimum :)

My advice; degrease absolute the whole car, use a clay bar to remove tar spots and salt, rinse thoroughly, handwash with two bucket method, use a micro fibre mitt not a sponge, use a good shampoo, only use microfibre towels to dry your car and wash them each time you've used them, use a good sealer and let it cure and top the whole thing off with a good wax with no polish effect....

To go along with this as it being winter and cold for most of us when you go to these hand wash places just see what they use to dry the cars. Hopefully they are not using like regular towels because at that point you're gonna get swirls and scratches. Once its warm enough like the poster about said hand washing yourself will come out the best because who cares more about your car than YOU lol.

Dennis Moeller

Passed Driver's Ed
To go along with this as it being winter and cold for most of us when you go to these hand wash places just see what they use to dry the cars. Hopefully they are not using like regular towels because at that point you're gonna get swirls and scratches. Once its warm enough like the poster about said hand washing yourself will come out the best because who cares more about your car than YOU lol.

true that...winter can be a problem and winter + washing cars IS an utterly nightmare. I detailed a lot of cars so I'm probably regarded super anal about my cars but hey, they're mine :lol: