GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Extended Warranty/Auto Service Contracts

Uberryan

Banned
Have you had experience with purchasing extended warranty plans for your car(s) or have you entered into an extended service contract with a company?

If so, who did you choose, and how was your overall experience with them? Trying to decide for myself if it's worth it to get an extended service contract with someone, or sell the car and move on.

Jaber

Modero
Ford ESP - Had it for my Jeep I purchased used. They were easy to work with and paid the shop over the phone via CC. It was simple, I could take to any ASE cert shop, they diagnose, call for approval and give deetz, Ford ESP approved and paid them the amount, less my deductible. All in all, they paid out about $2300 for repairs. I paid $1600 for the contract. Jeep had a failed sensor and AC work, which was the most expensive.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
does anyone know of any extended service plans that cover modded vehicles and stuff? I remember awhile ago there were a few companies that would cover people that put aftermarket parts like turbo kits and stuff and would even cover the parts put on but i dont remember any of their names or if that is still a thing.

MMKAY6

Ready to race!
Just get something with a Coyote or an LSx...you know you want to. ;)

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
I have the Platinum Extended warranty on mine that I bought from Chris Farnham (RIP :( ) on TDIclub. It came out to a little less than $500 a year.

Zero complaints. Take the car to the shop of your choice, pay deductible ($100 in my case) and they cover the remaining repair costs over the phone via credit card.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
It's in the cards. I would ultimately like to wait a year and get a lightly used 2018 GT. We shall see what happens though.
that sounds like a nice idea. Not sure how many people will be selling a GT though pretty sure most people will hold on to it.

I unfortuantly think my next car might be a more "practical" car/truck... maybe a midsize truck or SUV. Im conflicted lol.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
I unfortuantly think my next car might be a more "practical" car/truck... maybe a midsize truck or SUV. Im conflicted lol.

my family has always bought Ford Trucks but I really like that new Colorado. Ive been looking for a used Wrangler to have in addition to the GTI but those things really hold their value. My mother recently traded in her 2014 Grand Cherokee which I wanted (14k after 3 years!) but the buyout was ridiculous. I'm holding out a few more years to see what Ill "need"

anyway, I have an extended platinum warranty thru Volkswagen that I got when I purchased the car off lease. Wasn't a crazy amount but who knows if its worth anything once they find out I'm Stage 2

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
my family has always bought Ford Trucks but I really like that new Colorado. Ive been looking for a used Wrangler to have in addition to the GTI but those things really hold their value. My mother recently traded in her 2014 Grand Cherokee which I wanted (14k after 3 years!) but the buyout was ridiculous. I'm holding out a few more years to see what Ill "need"

anyway, I have an extended platinum warranty thru Volkswagen that I got when I purchased the car off lease. Wasn't a crazy amount but who knows if its worth anything once they find out I'm Stage 2

Yeah i like the ford trucks too. I would want a 4x4 even though i have no real need for it but just because lol. And i would prefer a crew cab with 4 doors.

I used to be in love with wranglers lol.. but for what you pay for them they arent that nice... their interior is really simple and plain(due to all the weatherproofing) and they get horrible gas mileage for something so small. If they could pop out a wrangler that hit like 30mpg on the highway i would reconsider it. but where it sits barely hitting 20mpg is a problem.

I did all this talking about practical and stuff and then i went too look at a boat. (the Challenger shaker 392 hemi scat pack) lol