GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne good or bad?

Gu4rDi4N

For Golf VI R DSG - Stock Turbo

Is not Eurodyne Base Tunes 1 and 2 a good idea?

I do not have a dealer nearby, on my island. But if I have the Eurodyne Flash Tool of my Ex Golf 1.8T GT30 Forged etc

Sauce118

Ready to race!
I just had my k04 installed on my '13 GTI, and tuned it with Eurodyne. Seems like it's making more power than the APR equivalent, and it's UNBELIEVABLY smooth. I can drive in D, S, or M with no issues without a DSG tune and I don't see any drivability issues that are sometimes seen with APR. I came from
an APR stage 1. If the awesome drive-ability of K04 with Eurodyne is any guide, I would assume any stage with them is a great option.

EDIT: This is NOT a "custom" maestro tune. It is Eurodyne's k04 map.

Run me and see who wins. I don’t know about stage 1 but I’ll put money that apr is a more aggressive file for stage 2 and k04. I have seen the files. I’ll run you 93oct with no meth (normally run DP WM 100oct E30 daily). APR 3.12 smokes Eurodyne in my experience. By about a car sometimes two. Eurodyne doesn’t put as much time and money into their base files cuz they know everyone is going to customize them. Or at least most people who do ED use it for that. I have never even come close to losing to a eurodyne car and everyone has them out here in DC

Sauce118

Ready to race!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
For Golf VI R DSG - Stock Turbo

Is not Eurodyne Base Tunes 1 and 2 a good idea?

I do not have a dealer nearby, on my island. But if I have the Eurodyne Flash Tool of my Ex Golf 1.8T GT30 Forged etc
I mean yeah but if you are wanting to go that way. Check and see if COBB Access Port is compatible with your car and then you can get tuned over the internet by anyone in the wold..(same with eurodyne, but cobb is cheaper and you can sell the access port when you go to sell the car to make back some money)

DaveGLI

Ready to race!
You'll find Eurodyne is VERY limited in what it is capable of and Tapp has little to no support for it..

gdub09

Ready to race!
I just got Eurodyne (stage 2) and love it. I didn't really look at Cobb just because they introduced tuning for the MK6 about a year ago and their background is mostly Subaru and recently Ford. Not saying they aren't good but I felt more comfortable with a tuner that has more experience with the brand.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I just got Eurodyne (stage 2) and love it. I didn't really look at Cobb just because they introduced tuning for the MK6 about a year ago and their background is mostly Subaru and recently Ford. Not saying they aren't good but I felt more comfortable with a tuner that has more experience with the brand.

Cobb? They have Mitsubishi, Mazda, Subaru, Nissan, BMW, etc.. they have boatloads more experience and 10 times better customer service.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
You use cobb for the AP and then you get the tune from your favorite tuner. Which most people on the forums are going with Stratified for over the internet tunes.
You can take it to any cobb dealer near you and be custom dyno tuned by them if wanted.
But that being said eurodynes tune is like 4 years old and hasnt been revised, which it may not need to be, but just because its older doesnt mean its better.

Cobb? They have Mitsubishi, Mazda, Subaru, Nissan, BMW, etc.. they have boatloads more experience and 10 times better customer service.
Agreed Cobb carries lots of brands with a lot of success, most people dont use cobbs off the shelf maps they instead have their tuner make a custom tune.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
You use cobb for the AP and then you get the tune from your favorite tuner. Which most people on the forums are going with Stratified for over the internet tunes.
You can take it to any cobb dealer near you and be custom dyno tuned by them if wanted.
But that being said eurodynes tune is like 4 years old and hasnt been revised, which it may not need to be, but just because its older doesnt mean its better.

Agreed Cobb carries lots of brands with a lot of success, most people dont use cobbs off the shelf maps they instead have their tuner make a custom tune.

Absolutely.

gdub09

Ready to race!
I get what you guys are saying, I went with Eurodyne because I found it was more convenient being able to tune from home rather than having to go to a shop to get things changed. I understand Cobb has done multiple brands but their biggest supporters seem to be ST & WRX owners. I'm not saying Cobb is bad or anything, I just went with what I thought was my best option in my opinion. Use whoever you like, at the end of the day you're more than likely going to be pleased with whoever you ended up using.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
You'll find Eurodyne is VERY limited in what it is capable of

care to explain this? because my experience is 100% the opposite.

and btw the OTS maps for eurodyne are tuned for 91 octane, not 93...so obviously your 93 apr or whatever is going to have a slight advantage

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Eurodyne user here. I think the 91 oct base tunes dont make a lot of power compared to the other OTS tunes. I have 40+ passes at drag strip and my best run on both Stage 1 or Stage 2 was 14.1 @ 100mph and 2.2 60' on all-seasons. MKV GLI so a little heavier than a MK6. For some reason the Eurodyne Stage 1 OTS tune throws random underboost/overboost codes sometimes but ran fine but doesn't do it on Stage 2.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
care to explain this? because my experience is 100% the opposite.

and btw the OTS maps for eurodyne are tuned for 91 octane, not 93...so obviously your 93 apr or whatever is going to have a slight advantage
i remember reading something about Eurodyne having certain parameters not unlocked/cant be adjusted. Dunno if that's true, but maybe that's what they were referring to.