GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No intake WOOSH sounds?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
my CTS intake was loud even stock tune.

cchase__

Ready to race!
I wonder If just the new APR intake is just quiet to begin with. The APR carbonio was loud so I was kinda expecting the same from the new one.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
go k04 youll hear it

gtiguy482

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm with the guys that suggested the soundaktor delete. I drove my car for 80k miles before unhooking it. What a difference in the sounds you hear from the car. I have the first style carbonio intake. I also unhooked the soundaktor before I had the intake. I don't think I would be able to hear the intake if it was still hooked up. I can definitely hear the intake though. Kind of quiet but still there with the windows up and no radio. Quite noticeable with windows down though.:thumbup:

TakmaN

Ready to race!
I can hear my Neuspeed P-Flo pretty easily but it was only noticeable after going to a stage 1 tune from stock. I unplugged my soundaktor as well a long time ago and this probably helps. It's not super loud though and nowhere near the likes of what you get on a Subaru WRX or Mitsubishi Evo.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Integrated Engineering CAI here and I'd say it's very noticeable. People are recommending to remove the soundaktor just so it doesn't overwhelm your outside sounds preventing you from hearing it inside.

For me, having a muffler removed turbo has been awesome. I also have IE for the K04 and it sounds like I'm in a wind mill when the turbo is spooling up.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Integrated Engineering CAI here and I'd say it's very noticeable. People are recommending to remove the soundaktor just so it doesn't overwhelm your outside sounds preventing you from hearing it inside.

For me, having a muffler removed turbo has been awesome. I also have IE for the K04 and it sounds like I'm in a wind mill when the turbo is spooling up.

Agreed.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
^ This, I have a Carbonio and stage 1 tune and the sound is barely noticeable.

yeah, if you're looking for it/listening for it you can kind of hear it. More so with the windows down when you let off the gas from flooring it.

Paytrose

Ready to race!
The neuspeed pflo is pretty audible when climbing from low to mid rpm’s. Eventually engine / exhaust noises will takeover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk