GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: OEM Leveling Switch, OEM Headlight Switch, & MORE!

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
Hi! Thanks for looking! :)

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45393
^^^ABOVE IS A LINK TO MY OTHER "FOR SALE" THREAD^^^ (OEM Halogen Headlights, Yellow H8 Halogen Fogs, and H8 3000K HID Fogs)

Let's start with the interior stuff:

1. NAR OEM Headlight Switch w/ Fogs (No Auto) ---- $25 shipped

2. Leveling Switch for Bi-Xenon Headlights...
    Was going to wire Ed's headlights to work like OEM ones (i.e., self-leveling on start-up),
    but I just don't have the time, so.... ---- $15 shipped

If you buy both of these together, I'll do $35 shipped

As you can see, these items are in excellent condition, and the leveling switch has never even been installed.

Once again, thanks for looking! PM me if you're interested!

Last edited:

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
I now also have a K&N drop-in filter for sale... Used for less than 300 miles. IT HAS BEEN SOLD.

And if anyone is interested, I am trying to unload a bunch of blue silicone vacuum hosing. High quality stuff, paid big bucks for it, and now too lazy to do anything with it.

PM me and I'll check exactly how much I have lying around here..

Last edited:

webber

Ready to race!
I'm sorry to be a fool but what is a leveling switch?? what does that do?? is it AFS (automatic front lighting system)??

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
Yes, it has to do with the AFS. I got this switch from Ed when I bought my LED headlights, but I realize that I'm no electrician, and do not possess the skills to utilize this switch to its full potential.

However, if you are capable of a job requiring some electrical-trade skills, this switch AND the proper wiring setup (not included) will allow you to use/control the front levelers. Beyond that, I'm not sure on specific details; all I know is, when I saw the complexity of the project, I backed off.

It requires a little custom-wiring, and having no electrical-trade background or a step-by-step, I figured this might be better off in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing...... That and, I'd rather not fry my car bahaha

Onward, this switch is useful only to those who have Ed's lights (or owners of MkIV R32's), which do have leveling motors in them (or so he told me), but obviously do not work because the halogen-equipped GTI's didn't come with the wiring to run them.

If you are electrically savvy, this switch could be a useful part of a project which would you use the motors in Ed's headlights and have an "aftermarket" AFS system.

I'd REALLY like to see a member on here make something of this... It's a neat idea... And a rather challenging project.

Perhaps if the person who does the initial project is able to closely document his steps/tools/materials, more of us will be able to follow the aforementioned writeup in order to utilize AFS with Ed's headlights.

Anyway, enough babbling.

Here's a link to ECS's product page:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-R32_MKIV--3.2/Lighting/Switches/ES1065500/

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
PICTURES HAVE BEEN ADDED!!!! Let's get these sold!

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
bump :thumbup:

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
Someone buy these!!

Feel free to PM me an offer.

yunone

Ready to race!
My 2012 has auto level, but there are times when I am driving and want the headlights a bit higher aimed.

Will this switch give me the ability to control the aim of the headlights on my 2012?

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion
Yes, it has to do with the AFS.

No. AFS=Adaptive Front Lighting System=lights turn with steering.

I'm sorry to be a fool but what is a leveling switch?? what does that do?? is it AFS (automatic front lighting system)??

This controls the headlights height settings. Euro spec cars have leveling motors in the halogen headlights. This controls them.

So this switch would allow you to control the height of Ed's headlights (assuming they have a motor installed in them) from inside the cabin. This is used so that if you have weight in the back and your headlights are pointed up, then you can adjust them down and not blind other drivers. The OEM HID's do this automatically using a leveling sensor in the rear suspension.

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
Thank you for such a thorough explanation.

Ed informed me that his headlights do indeed have leveling motors in them, so this would be a matter of wiring the switch to the motors; correct me if I am wrong.

allset

Go Kart Champion
pm sent

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
I'm interested in that leveling switch. Hows it work?

Nvm it seems like mines automatic.

Thanks

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

allset

Go Kart Champion
u have paypal