GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should I Buy??

.:RSCHM4N

Hi All

First post to the forum..

A local non-VW dealer has a very nice 2013 R for sale. 48k - $21499 (looking to negotiate a bit on the price).. All stock and 1 owner who had it serviced every 10k miles. Obviously it's a pretty good deal.. They've had it for a few months now and I would love to take it off they're hands. I've never owned a vw before, let alone a performance VW and was looking for some friendly input. What should I be worried about? What unpleasant issues might arise? Is there a high cost of ownership with these vehicles? Will I still have a drivetrain warranty... 5yr/60000 miles??

Thanks in advance for the input!

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Yes, you'll have a warranty still. That doesn't change. I'm not too sure what you should be worried about besides the added step of replacing the cam follower periodically. I think most owners are doing it over other oil change.

That would be the added cost I suppose. Does it look like it was ever modded? Check the engine bay. Snap some pics, post it here, we'll spot it out quickly :p

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Oh, and for the record, it sounds like a great buy to me. These puppies were high 20s 1.5 years ago when I was looking.

.:RSCHM4N

Yes, you'll have a warranty still. That doesn't change. I'm not too sure what you should be worried about besides the added step of replacing the cam follower periodically. I think most owners are doing it over other oil change.

That would be the added cost I suppose. Does it look like it was ever modded? Check the engine bay. Snap some pics, post it here, we'll spot it out quickly [emoji14]
I'd say it's pretty clean

EvoKnvl

Ready to race!
That's an excellent price. Clean title?

As above, cam follower is the only thing you'll really need to deal with beyond the normal stuff. When I was Stg 3, I was changing it every 10k. Stock, you should be able to get away with 15k-20k. I would check it every other oil change until you get a feel for when you should actually be changing it. Takes about 30min to do.