GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 gti stage 1

2.06thgen

Ready to race!
I have a stage 2 Mk6 gti and I have received four L's tonight lol this taught me one thing I need a bigger turbo lol.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Mk7 are beasts even with just a stage 1 tune. My next car will either be a mk7 gti or gli.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
You modded at all?

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I raced my buddy at work, he's got a stock MK7 and I'm stage 1 apr with an intake. I pulled on his by about 1 car at the end of fourth which isn't much at all. Pretty much inched on him, he's DSG though and I'm MT, my car pulled in the gear and lost 1/4 car each shift.

Day before that another friend at work has a stock MK5, I put car lengths on this each gear which is expected.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i raced Jay745's k04 with my stg1 mk7... it was close! he won, but i was on him pretty hard. Both 6mt at the time.

Interested to see how my dsg k04 hangs with a mk7 stg 1 now haha

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
i raced Jay745's k04 with my stg1 mk7... it was close! he won, but i was on him pretty hard. Both 6mt at the time.

Interested to see how my dsg k04 hangs with a mk7 stg 1 now haha

haha yeah your car kept up better than I thought it would honestly

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
Damn a stage 2 MK7 GTI is as fast as a MK6 K04??? :(

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Damn a stage 2 MK7 GTI is as fast as a MK6 K04??? :(

Yuppp seems to be that way. IS38 swapped mk7 gti will walk k04's I believe. A properly tuned k04 mk6 setup should be able to beat a stage 2 mk7. A slapped together k04 setup (k04, intake, downpipe, s3 intercooler) will probably not beat a stage 2 mk7

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
All depends on the build, really. Not all k04 setups are created equal

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
Yuppp seems to be that way. IS38 swapped mk7 gti will walk k04's I believe. A properly tuned k04 mk6 setup should be able to beat a stage 2 mk7. A slapped together k04 setup (k04, intake, downpipe, s3 intercooler) will probably not beat a stage 2 mk7

I can't believe that the IS38 turbo only cost 1.5k max and K04's run 2.5k. smh

not quite but it's certainly within 2 car lengths all the way up.

Damn that's impressive for just a damn tune.

Got my car right before all the MK7's arrived. Got it out the door 22k. What's the base MK7 run still like 30k right.

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
What's the base MK7 run still like 30k right.

I was looking at one 7 months ago, before I bought the R, for 22k. 1 year old, 15k miles, performance pack, and it had the remainder of the warranty.