GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 07-31-2017, 02:57 PM   #3025
Tkulhanc134
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: MK7 GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93serprise View Post
I have read all 215 pages of this thread, and chuckled many times over the absurdity of people in general. Here is my first story ! I was headed back to work yesterday from Subway, and approached some railroad tracks. Out of habit, I slowed down a tad going over the tracks and this D-bag in his jacked up F150 floored his gas pedal and went around me with a shitty look on his Duck Dynasty-esque face. I guess he didn't like me slowing down a mile or two in front of him. We both end up at the red light a little further up. He rolls his window down, sticks his unkempt head out and proceeds to tell me how slow my car is compared to his truck and how he is going to show me that my German car is inferior. I NEVER street race...ever. I drive spiritedly, but never against another car. I was feeling a little ballsy though, and silently laughed while getting ready for the challenge. The light turns green, he floors it and I modulate the lower gears while giving him a lead. In 3rd gear, I floor it and quickly surpass his distance and then some. The look in his side view mirror as I gained on him was priceless indeed. I slowed back down to the speed limit after putting bus loads of space in between us, and see him gunning his truck again. As he passes me going at least 20-25 mph over, I see an officer on a motorcycle pointing his speed gun in our direction. I had the biggest smile knowing that this guy was about to hate life. The funny thing is that I work IT for the county, and knowing that a co-worker pulled that asshole over made my day. Cool Story Bros !
It's a good thing work is so slow that I checked my old forum and get to see this shit. I bet he was pissed and hitting his dash hard.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:05 AM   #3026
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '13 MKVI GTI
Just got back from Maui, saw a total of 4 VW's...that's it
1 Tiguan, at a rental place.
1 Mk7 GTI that was definitely a locals car, looked good.
1 Mk6 GTI.
1 Mk6 CC.

That was sad...we drove quite a bit to get to all the places we were going, and although that wasn't my main objective and I spent a lot of time in the water and not looking for cars, I was seriously disappointed at how few there are. Toyota's though, especially Tacoma's, shit...they are EVERYWHERE. I understand why with the way the roads are I guess, but still.

Sad Story Bro.
// 2013 CSG GTI 6M // APR K04 v3.1 Low Output // Neuspeed FMIC // IE Intake // Sigma 6 SS // Ed's LED Tails // H&R Ultra Low Coilovers // Eurojet DP // Custom 3" Catback & Vibrant Resonator // Neuspeed Torque Insert // SB S2 Daily Clutch w/SMFW
// 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab // Custom 3" Stainless Exhaust // Dual Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers // Anzo U-Bar Black Headlights

Last edited by syonxwf; 08-04-2017 at 12:43 PM.
syonxwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:00 PM   #3027
Chris659
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 12 Beetle Turbo
Took the car in today for an oil change and was told I'm getting some "weepage" from the RMS and a slight boost leak from green o-ring at TOP/ IC hose. Fun!

So as I got on the interstate heading home tonight there was a Challenger riding some guys butt in front of him on the on ramp. At the top of the on ramp he downshifts and floors it. Expecting that to happen I just so happen to have already been in the right gear. So I pounce on him and instantly leave several bus lengths between us! All of a sudden he quickly gets over to the right and takes the next exit LOL
Now I know it wasn't a 392 or SRT8 but it sure was fun shaming that big ole turd. Pretty sure it was just a V6 with loud exhaust bc it was making a lot of noise but wasn't going anywhere

I've never been so happy to hear I have a slight oil leak from the RMS though! It'll make it easier to explain to the wife why the car will be in the shop for a few days! Been hoarding parts and only have a few left to get. Been wondering how I was going to sneak all of this on ge car LOL
Chris659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:36 PM   #3028
ithrashmotors
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: Mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris659 View Post
Took the car in today for an oil change and was told I'm getting some "weepage" from the RMS and a slight boost leak from green o-ring at TOP/ IC hose. Fun!

So as I got on the interstate heading home tonight there was a Challenger riding some guys butt in front of him on the on ramp. At the top of the on ramp he downshifts and floors it. Expecting that to happen I just so happen to have already been in the right gear. So I pounce on him and instantly leave several bus lengths between us! All of a sudden he quickly gets over to the right and takes the next exit LOL
Now I know it wasn't a 392 or SRT8 but it sure was fun shaming that big ole turd. Pretty sure it was just a V6 with loud exhaust bc it was making a lot of noise but wasn't going anywhere

I've never been so happy to hear I have a slight oil leak from the RMS though! It'll make it easier to explain to the wife why the car will be in the shop for a few days! Been hoarding parts and only have a few left to get. Been wondering how I was going to sneak all of this on ge car LOL

Had both of those problems with rms and green o rings hope it gets sorted quick! And Im waiting for the right fuck boy in a v6 challenger to test me so I can smash his ego LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2017, 02:09 AM   #3029
Chris659
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithrashmotors View Post
Had both of those problems with rms and green o rings hope it gets sorted quick! And Im waiting for the right fuck boy in a v6 challenger to test me so I can smash his ego LOL

Yeah I just have to get off my lazy ass and sell some stuff that's just been laying around and stop spending money on other projects. Have my 10yr wedding anni coming up real soon so whatever I do can't interfere with that or there won't be an 11yr celebration LOL

Once I get all the parts I have installed I'm going to start picking on the SRTs and other big boys 😁
Old 09-05-2017, 05:12 PM   #3030
matty mk6
Ready to race!

Drives: 2010 DSG
Raced an Si today. Had to be stock. On my way home I watched him race a 2011 charger 1st and he hung with him, then raced a stanced Si with an exhaust camber all he river crap and he hung with him as well. We got to a light and talked about the races he just did and he said "wanna 30 roll?" And I said yeah. We got up to 30 after the green light and went. I lost traction immediately but hung until boost kicked in then it was like he was standing still. Let off about 80 and gave each other a thumbs up. All this was in about 10 minutes on the drive home so hopefully we run into each other again.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:09 PM   #3031
ChrisB
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 MKVI Driver's Ed German Fit
A couple of days ago, a 2.0T Genesis Coupe hit the interstate merging ramp at the same time as I did. I heard his tires chirp so I decided to play along and I ended up pulling on him like a freight train. It took him a couple of minutes to do the typical ricer flyby on the interstate due to me shutting it down around 75 MPH. That's how I know it was a 2.0T.

Granted, I didn't want to do much more than 75 due to the cops hanging around the overpasses and nailing speeders over the past few days. Lucky for Mr. Genesis Coupe owner, they already had someone pulled over that day.
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:34 PM   #3032
zef
Oval Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI
Ran into an integra heading south on 15 last night...at first I wasn't going to waste the gas until I heard a wastegate. Figured it was either a chopped up build that I could hang with or I was about to get spanked. From 40 in 3rd I pulled a car length pretty quick and by 85 we were bumper to bumper when I let off for traffic. Even though it looked like a total !@#$box I was impressed it was pretty quick.
'13 GTI CW 2 DR (DSG) - Eurodyne Stage 2/HPA DSG Tune | Cobb TBE | IE CAI | IE FDS IC | 034 CC | VWR Subframe Pucks | 034 SD Mounts | MSS SPRING KIT (learn more here) | 034 Pendulum Mount | Supaloy Control Arms | B6 Passat Front Spindles | Koni Yellows | RSE10 | more to come! Follow me on Instagram!: jg_gti
zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:15 PM   #3033
Chris659
Touring Car Champion

Yeah I guy I used to work with is big into turbo civics (has 3 92-95 body style cars) and was always asking me to race him. He was easily hp for hp with me but a lot less weight and he's an experienced drag racer where I'm not. I wouldn't have stood a chance.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:37 PM   #3034
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: mk6 gti
I had a guy in a jeep renegade last night trying to...well I don't really know what he was trying to do. He heard my exhaust when I was driving next to him and immediately when he heard me he started speeding toward the guy driving in front of him. Then he'd slow down a little bit and do it again. It was 3 lanes of traffic with nobody going anywhere. I didn't even pay him any mind. He had a catback too.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:32 PM   #3035
ithrashmotors

Me and some buddies from work went on a little spirited drive recently. One of them drove his frs and Was talking mad playful shit during work about how the golf and vw/Audi in general are blah blah blah Toyota all the way because superior handling. I was excited to see how the gti stacked up against the frs in the mountains. Went to my favorite local mountain road and let it rip on his ass. Once the uphill climb came I thought his car died. Had to back off the throttle and wait for him to catch up. All in all was a fun night I just hoped the frs had more to give. Still think itís a great looking car.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:42 AM   #3036
Roctre
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
Your buddy needs to learn how to drive or he needs to get a proper wheel and tire setup because those cars handle amazing from the factory with just a nice sticky tire.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:52 AM   #3037
ithrashmotors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roctre View Post
Your buddy needs to learn how to drive or he needs to get a proper wheel and tire setup because those cars handle amazing from the factory with just a nice sticky tire.

Agreed the car has a superior suspension his is bone stock.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:12 AM   #3038
CHerna
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 DBP GTI 2 Door M/T
This one happened a few weeks ago. Driving down the avenue, with a buddy of mine in the passenger seat. I eventually come upon a Caliber SRT4. I get on it a little to make the exhaust crackle/pop as I pass him. Got his attention.

We end up next to each at a red light. I had no real intentions of racing, since it's a busy road. Light turns green, we roll out in a mild manner. I hit it, he hits it. I stay about a fender / mid-door ahead the whole time until we shut it down around 60/65 MPH.

Later on, I ended up meeting and talking to the guy. Turns out it has some bolt-ons, a big (hybrid) turbo , and running e85. He has since blown a head gasket and needs an engine, I think.

2003 Golf GTI 2 Door - Tornado Red 5-Speed m/t (Gone)
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote