Loose ECU after tuning?

• Yes

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
Question for you guys who are tuned and have fumbled around under your rain tray (soundactor?).

I did the soundactor "mod" a few weeks ago and noticed my ECU was not bolted down or otherwise secured, I could literally pick it up and unplug it if I wanted to with no tools.
I took it in to the dealer same day and they clipped it into the black tray that I assume it usually resides in, but it's still not bolted down or anything.

Has anyone else found this?

Deaks2

Ready to race!
There are two anti-tamper screws that have to replaced each time the ECU is removed. It sounds like your shop didn't replace them.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
There are two anti-tamper screws that have to replaced each time the ECU is removed. It sounds like your shop didn't replace them.

They do not have to be replaced. It's perfectly fine to throw them and the bracket away. The ECU is fine in just the black metal bracket.

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
I've read at least one other account of a loose ECU, maybe I should attach a poll for numbers...

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
If its at least in the bracket, you would have no problem keeping it in there over the course of the lifetime of the vehicle. Since it locks into the structure, plus the wiring harness is SO DAMN stiff and locks into the plastic bracketry, you're NOT going to lose it by it falling out.

I promise. The bolts are just there for anti theft reasons.

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!