GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurowner's black GTI

Eurowner

Hello, I'm Alex, from France, And i'm a newly proud owner of a mk6 GTI since yesterday :happyanim: After a long search, I decided to sell my TSI 122 shadow blue mk6 (bought new in 2010) to buy this one. i wanted it 2 doors, no leather, 6MT, less mileage than my previous car, and known historic. So here it is, pics are from the seller:

So it was made in nov 2010, french origin, it's got 66000km, sunroof, rear camera, RCD 510 with BT and MDI, and 18' detroits added from the standard equipment.

Short term plans for it:

-drive it :D
-milltek turboback with hi-flow cat and resonator
-CTS intake
-R8 coils and NGK iridium plugs
-dogbone insert
-GFB DV+
-stage 2 tune

Everything is at home minus the intake actually.

Eurowner

Hello all,
I prepped my DP today, i wraped it with magma shield stuff and finished with black silicone coating. Can't wait to have acces to a pit at work to install this baby ...

Stinger

Ready to race!
Welcome and congrats... now mod hard!

Eurowner

Thanks for welcoming me guys !

Today was a busy morning, installed the TBE, the pendulum insert, and the DV+ :wub:

Everything went fine, insert and DV+ are peace of cake to install, the famous cursed nut on the turbo was exorcised, in fact the hardest was the upper rear one, it was tight on the whole thread.
I have a little rattling, will have to go back under the car to wee what's touching, i suggest the heat shield around the downpipe, it was tight around there !
Everything was done in +/-3 hours, the car sound good although I didn't pushed it hard yet, because I had the stock exhaut and tools in the trunk. It was well worth waking up that soon for a sunday !

Pics and vids to come soon, when my buddy will send them to me ;)

Coogie

Ready to race!
Is that rear camera a mod? I didn't think 2010 GTIs had those. I've got a 2012 GTI autobahn with all packages. No rear view camera though.

Sent from my iPhone

Eurowner

OEM camera. Maybe we don't had the same option list here, when i bought my 1.4TSI new I could have add it too.

Coogie

Ready to race!
OEM camera. Maybe we don't had the same option list here, when i bought my 1.4TSI new I could have add it too.

I think I can buy the same camera and actually install it. Not completely sure though.

Sent from my iPhone

Eurowner

@ Coogie : If you have the RCD 510 or up, and the parking sensors the input should be present for it.

As promised, pics of the TBE install :

No vid for now, as the one I have was took with an iphone, and, well, I only see pixels when I watch it on my phone.... Also I found where the noise come from, it's the front upper brace beeing hit by the pipe. I removed it for now, and will be fixing it later.

And today the doubleapex USB charger went in the car too ! That little thing should be factory equipped. Anyway, cristal clear instructions, easy install, a great product :thumbsup:

Eurowner

Hello there, there's some news, I finally recieved my CTS intake, so I installed it after heatwraping it, along with new plugs and R8 coils, then went to the tuner shop !

Numbers or it didn't happen :D

[/url]

Really happy with the results, although they limited the torque because of the stock clutch. Once I upgrade it, they'll change the tune to full spec. the torque gain is amazing on the highway anyway :wub: