GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinion: 2012 GTI Autobahn w/EVERYTHING

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I bought my 2011 base white 2dr model with CPO 33k on the clock for $20,000 flat.. they can do you better for one with more miles... especially with no warranty

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Well I am new here, but I can add a reference. I just bought a 2013 red 48k GTI with everything (all the stuff above, autobahn, dig, nav, etc) and it was CPO 2 years/24k miles here in Chicagoland.

Price was $17690 (about 19k+ with taxes and title and stuff). It seemed like a good deal?

You picked up a CPO Autobahn with only 24k miles for a little more than $19 OTD? That's a damn good deal. I take it the original 3yrs/36k is still running and then you'll have the CPO Limited Warranty?

The car has 48K, but that 24k extended warranty should be added to the 60k (if i understand how it works correctly)

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
I bought my 2011 base white 2dr model with CPO 33k on the clock for $20,000 flat.. they can do you better for one with more miles... especially with no warranty

Yours is a base. Worth significantly less in the eyes of many. Autobahn has alllll the goodies

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Yours is a base. Worth significantly less in the eyes of many. Autobahn has alllll the goodies

If you're all about the goodies, you've bought the wrong car, the only difference is leather and navigation, if you want to pay $3k more for that shit, be my guest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
I think you guys found fair deals. I picked up my 2010 autobahn last year with 70k for $13k, basically what the dealer offered my friend in trade.

If you're all about the goodies, you've bought the wrong car, the only difference is leather and navigation, if you want to pay $3k more for that shit, be my guest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$3k for leather tops and better overall seats, real aluminum on the doors and dash... as well as a brilliant Dynaudio stereo???

... $3k is a steal and worth every flippin penny.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
$3k for leather tops and better overall seats, real aluminum on the doors and dash... as well as a brilliant Dynaudio stereo???

... $3k is a steal and worth every flippin penny.

your definition and my definition of "brilliant" are clearly different... lol, leather is hot as hell in the summer and cold as shit in the winter, and a PITA to maintain, the only reason i would upgrade to autobahn is because VW has forced us to upgrade to stupid leather to have a sunroof... $3k is no steal to me... especially when they were brand new, they were at least a $5k difference.

zrickety

The Fixer
I live in one of the hottest climates around, the leather is not an issue. Yes you have to condition it every now and then, but even cloth has it's limits.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
HIDS with AFS and LEDs, Leather, Kessy/Push Button start, Navigation, upgraded sound, and different wheels. That's quite a bit for $3k.

Personally, I wouldn't have bought a GTI without it being a 2012+ Autobahn.

zrickety

The Fixer
Tears, stains, fading, stretching? The leather is somewhat durable but it all wears out.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
price seems high for the year and mileage. is it CPO? I may have missed that.

Autobahn GTI's are great.. just not so great to buy new and have the huge depreciation hit, but when you can pick one up a year or two later as a CPO for $20-22Kish, its a steal.