GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake decision: CTS turbo intake or VWR intake.

Elchinophil

Ready to race!
BSH PR Intake for Golf R 2012

Here's a pic of everything installed of the BSH PR intake .

I have the full instructions which I got directly from BSH. I did this blindly with out any instructions so it took so freaking long.

Mainly because of the different hoses to use.

With this setup, you HAVE to remove the stock hood strut. It comes with a pop up strut . I took better pictures with my camera which i'll upload with some details.

There's def some rattling going on , seems like it's a throttle issue . Everything is really tight and secure . The rattling is only below 1k RPM and during 1st gear accelerate. I still have to spend some time to figure out what the heck is rattling. It's the air box hitting something I think.

This setup requires a bit of tweaking to make everything work. The hardest part was to remove the stock intake inlet towards the back of the engine. There is a blueish metal ring that has to be pinched extremely hard inorder for it to come off. After that install was pretty straight forward. Another key thing with this setup is knowning witch parts to install in first or your gonna have a hell of a time getting stuff to fit correctly.

I reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery for a few mins so it can relearn from MAF.
As far as performance and sound : I removed the soundator as well during this process . Above 4k rpm this thing sounds amazing. At 5k you can keep the DV go off. All you hear is Suction , suction , suction and then Whooowhooowoo .
I feel like it pulls harder during 2nd and 3rd. This could be due to the 2nd air inlet from the stock hole piping forced air into the air box.

Attachments

• IMG_0727.JPG
    IMG_0727.JPG
    353.3 KB · Views: 782
Last edited:

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
Wrong. It's my car, and I'm selling it -_-

Haha yea well ill get back to you later today with pm. Gotta check funds after work. If all is good ill buy it off you

B0000rt

Go with the Volant intake. Looks stock!

Avoid BSH PR one, the hood prop is a disaster waiting to happen for you to bend your hood like a tin can.

Coderedpl

Ready to race!
Go with the Volant intake. Looks stock!

Avoid BSH PR one, the hood prop is a disaster waiting to happen for you to bend your hood like a tin can.
Solution: be careful or don't let idiots work on your car without being notified of the hood prop.

For those wondering. No that's not the reason for me selling it. I put it up before this happened ;)