GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ask Detailer's Domain. Have a question ask us?

DetailersDomain.com

Go Kart Champion
Any tips for removing Rain-X from the front windshield? I don't have a Porter Cable to buff off with Glass Polish.

how long has it been on there? I would just wait till it wears out.

which could be awhile you can hand polish it off if you wanted to.

Kyle Butler

Ready to race!
whats the best way to clean my gauges / instrument cluster in my GTI? I have tried to wipe off the dust but it seems to scratch so easily, even with a glass cleaning cloth. Any secrets for this? My car is spotless except for this one area and my speedometer looks like theres a snow storm in front of it.

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
whats the best way to clean my gauges / instrument cluster in my GTI? I have tried to wipe off the dust but it seems to scratch so easily, even with a glass cleaning cloth. Any secrets for this? My car is spotless except for this one area and my speedometer looks like theres a snow storm in front of it.

Compressed air.

McQueen77

Banned
can scratches in a windshield be repaired or are you better off getting the windshield replaced?

McQueen77

Banned
i called and asked four different shops in the burbank area today and they all said they dont do it and to replace it because it will never be the same after attempts to repair the damage.

DetailersDomain.com

Go Kart Champion
i called and asked four different shops in the burbank area today and they all said they dont do it and to replace it because it will never be the same after attempts to repair the damage.

they are the pros so I would say go with replacing it.

DetailersDomain.com

Go Kart Champion

Valli666

Ready to race!
What is your opinion on steam jet wash technology for cleaning the exterior of your car?

I live in Saudi Arabia and I have found a car wash centre that uses a Steam jet system to clean cars.

I've been on their website (http://steamjetinc.com/e_index.html) and it looks like a good idea.

But I'm concerned if it causes any damage to the paintwork and finish to my car.

DetailersDomain.com

Go Kart Champion
What is your opinion on steam jet wash technology for cleaning the exterior of your car?

I live in Saudi Arabia and I have found a car wash centre that uses a Steam jet system to clean cars.

I've been on their website (http://steamjetinc.com/e_index.html) and it looks like a good idea.

But I'm concerned if it causes any damage to the paintwork and finish to my car.

we use steam in the shop all the time. if you have the settings in the right place temperature etc it should work fine.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Why should I use a wheel cleaner, how does it differ from just using something like Meg's Gold Class and a brush?

DetailersDomain.com

Go Kart Champion