GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR stage 2 vs Mustang GT full bolts on.

wireless

Ready to race!
If you have a GTI you need to get it tuned. As soon as you do, you'll wonder why it took you so long.

Svtpony

Ready to race!
If you have a GTI you need to get it tuned. As soon as you do, you'll wonder why it took you so long.

Might do it today then. Shouldn't cost more then? What $600? Oh and what about the warranty? I need to drop the tune if I ever have to take it to the dealer right?

93serprise

Ready to race!
I went from Stock to Stage 2 in my GTI about 3 months after purchasing it. It is such a huge difference, and the power delivery is smooth. I got it done in Dallas for 750 bucks during an APR sale. I chose to go with Stock, 91 octane, 93 octane, and Valet mode. All I ever put in is 93octane, and the car pulls like a train compared to stock mode. If you need to take the car to the dealership, then you can change the mode you are in back to stock, but if they really want to see if you are tuned they can. Best money I have spent so far though. I will be getting K04 by September though :)

GTi Guy1

Ready to race!
I went from Stock to Stage 2 in my GTI about 3 months after purchasing it. It is such a huge difference, and the power delivery is smooth. I got it done in Dallas for 750 bucks during an APR sale. I chose to go with Stock, 91 octane, 93 octane, and Valet mode. All I ever put in is 93octane, and the car pulls like a train compared to stock mode. If you need to take the car to the dealership, then you can change the mode you are in back to stock, but if they really want to see if you are tuned they can. Best money I have spent so far though. I will be getting K04 by September though :)

good call I just went k04 its AMAZING

wireless

Ready to race!

I want to ride in your k04! I'm Unitronic stage 2 and love it. Plan on going k04 or f23 in the future.. Maybe by the end of the year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jcap287

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I'm fairly sure it was a 1st gen. He got me good off the line as I don't have much exp in launching a FWD car lol. But I pulled on him in 2nd and 3rd got about a car length before I let off. It merged into 1 lane. He was definitely racing. His sideways upside-down hat must have slowed him down. Oh and btw yes I'm completely stock.

Nice haha .... Yea yea the 1st gens are slugs...I havent heard many stories about the 2nd gens with 274 hp...http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-hyundai-genesis-coupe-first-drive-review

Grannycar

Ready to race!
my full bolt on 01 bullitt which is just a glorified gt with a better flowing intake manifold wit full bolt ons with 4.10 gears did 270rwhp which is pretty much max out of a 2valve mustang. ran good though 13.30's@104 they need cams to hit close to 300rwhp and are putting out good numbers with the trickflow heads. now my 04 mach 1 stock did 289rwhp and went 13.01@108 lol granit thats a dohc 32valve 4.6l lol

heftysmurf

Ready to race!
my full bolt on 01 bullitt which is just a glorified gt with a better flowing intake manifold wit full bolt ons with 4.10 gears did 270rwhp which is pretty much max out of a 2valve mustang. ran good though 13.30's@104 they need cams to hit close to 300rwhp and are putting out good numbers with the trickflow heads. now my 04 mach 1 stock did 289rwhp and went 13.01@108 lol granit thats a dohc 32valve 4.6l lol
Those mod motors just need to be blown unfortunately. No need for all those cams, chains, valves......easier to make power with a pushrod motor :happyanim:

sauceman101

Ready to race!
Those mod motors just need to be blown unfortunately. No need for all those cams, chains, valves......easier to make power with a pushrod motor :happyanim:

what he said, 270 is no where near all you can get from a 2V, just about all you can get NA, but, a turbo or blower can make that a sweet little motor. I'm looking to get a Termi next year

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion

This^^

^^ and this.

250 sounds like it'd pull pretty hard in this little car. I'm thinking someday soon I'll go get this thing tuned stage 1. It needs a little more power. I didn't buy this car to race it, but I still would not like to be beat by a soccer mom in a Nissan quest. And this may be a stupid question in the wrong thread, but there is no such thing as flash tuning our cars is there? I can't go buy an sct and plug it in :(

You won't regret tuning it. Stage 2 does pull massively hard for what it is. Definitely do it.

No such thing as a flash tuner in the traditional sense. You can get your tune done by APR or Driver Motorsports and then get a flasher, but it's not like the Diablo Trinity tuner for the Ram that you can just plug in and take out when you go in.

Might do it today then. Shouldn't cost more then? What $600? Oh and what about the warranty? I need to drop the tune if I ever have to take it to the dealer right?

They will be having their spring sale soon, you get 4 files for $600. If you tune now, you get 1 file for $600. Wait IMO unless you have money to burn. If you have money to burn, trade me cars and hand me the extra money you're going to spend, I'll rock stock mode again until they have their sale :laugh:
Also, no way to drop the tune. Once it's tuned, VW will know even if you drop it back into the stock file. Stock file is only good for preserving your clutch when it starts slipping.
Find a local VW dealer that's mod friendly, be nice and upfront to them and they should treat you right.

/END WALL 'O TEXT

Svtpony

Ready to race!
Thank you, I'll wait until they have the sale then. I wouldn't mind trading for a 13 either though haha. Give me your keys. NOW