GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need some advice!

Buy a 10-11 MK6 or lease MK7?

• Total voters

rd17VWTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
I got them to throw in the extended warranty for 1k and the tire/wheel 5-year for only a few hundred bucks. So for less than $1500 added on I've got a warranty to 100k miles and for the next 5 Years ANY Tire that goes flat, whatever the reason they replace it for free, WITH the exact tire that was on it, and any rim damage they repair or if can't, replace.
For that I felt like you couldn't beat it and I had no prob going mk6 CPO over an mk7.
I've already had one tire replaced due to nail and they ordered exact no questions asked, and the VW enthusiast that owned my car before put really nice tires on it so that parts basically already paid for itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Buying any used car you need to use due diligence. For me the important part of my car being CPO was the added warranty protection. Peace of mind aint it grand?

Tonybaloney

I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet but it also depends on which body style you like better. I personally like the mk6 better as I don't like how the mk7 back light is. But I'm obviously biased... :) I would get a R too if you can make the finance work.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
No offense, but im not really sure why people are recommending a golfR? Obv yeah who wouldn't want one, myself included, but the guy said he's only got a $200/m budget.
I don't know how much your getting for trade in, or if you have a very nice lump sum already saved to put as a down payment, but it's going to be extremely hard, if not downright impossible to get a golf R and end up paying $200.

You're right, but we don't know his full financial situation.

Does he still owe on the Benz? If so is he upside-down on the loan?
Does he have a down payment?
Does he have good credit?

All of these will be factors for that $200/month OTD (after taxes, title, and fees.) And, even then you're looking at a 2010 GTI with extremely high miles (100k or higher.)

Honestly, the MK5 GTI might be more around his budget.

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
You're right, but we don't know his full financial situation.

Does he still owe on the Benz? If so is he upside-down on the loan?
Does he have a down payment?
Does he have good credit?

All of these will be factors for that $200/month OTD (after taxes, title, and fees.) And, even then you're looking at a 2010 GTI with extremely high miles (100k or higher.)

Honestly, the MK5 GTI might be more around his budget.

You can buy 2011 GTI with 40-50k miles for less than $15k.

So purchase price of 15k with a down payment of 3k leave you financing 12k if you can get 3.9% interest a 60 month loan is at $220 per month. So its reasonable to assume he can get a mk6 with 50k miles in his budget range.

Thats at a dealership within 10 miles of me. 2011 less than 50k miles and asking less than 15k
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/651012713/overview/

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
The MK7 is leagues better than the MK6.
Drive them back to back, and the difference is tremendous.
Also remember, depending on how much you drive - you'll have three years of warranty on the MK7.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
So purchase price of 15k with a down payment of 3k leave you financing 12k if you can get 3.9% interest a 60 month loan is at $220 per month. So its reasonable to assume he can get a mk6 with 50k miles in his budget range.

Oh, no doubt.

All I'm saying is that we really dont know if his financial situation would compliment a low interest loan. For all we know, he could have an upside down balance on that Benz, no down payment, and horrible credit. Which would easily turn a 15k car into a monthly payment of $320/month.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Oh, no doubt.

All I'm saying is that we really dont know if his financial situation would compliment a low interest loan. For all we know, he could have an upside down balance on that Benz, no down payment, and horrible credit. Which would easily turn a 15k car into a monthly payment of $320/month.

Thats true. Gotta remember not everyone gets the same financing as me.

If you do go to finance OP i would see what your personal bank is offering that's where i did mine and they gave me a great deal and approved me in about 15 minutes.