GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

INA oil cooler install

Poverty

Hi guys, I'm the TTRS owner bendover mentioned. Just want to clarify that I'm not trying to recoup money from INA and that I would do business with them again.

I haven't got a dog in this fight, but just wanted my position to be clear.

speedster

Go Kart Champion
Listen. If you guys have an issue with INA I'd suggest you create your own thread. I'm not particularly interested in the complaints of an account with 1 post count.

I'm starting to understand why bendover got banned. Let it go and move on.

Last edited:

speedster

Go Kart Champion
For those that have managed to remove the male insert from that OEM oil filter, how did you do this?

I bought a bigger vise and rather than letting the adaptor break free, the tabs on the oil filter case just broke instead.

I'm seriously thinking of just using 719/30 right now. Not really sure what to do having spent several hundred dollars on vises of various sizes and oil filters to experiment with. Any advice?

nuisancecc

Ready to race!
I use a big ass easy out and it comes out with no issues.

Put a filter tool on the bottom of the filter, turn it over. Put the easy out on the part you are trying to take out, lightly tap it in to seat it. Hold the easy out with a wrench, attach your ratchet to the filter tool and remove.

speedster

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! Do you rotate the filter tool clockwise or anticlockwise when looking from above with the filter tool on top?

initiala4

Just browse on this thread about oil cooler.

JUst a few questions.

1. So what oil filter are we suppose to use with this kit?

2. Did anyone experience any whining noise? How did you solve the whining noise?

TIA

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Just browse on this thread about oil cooler.

JUst a few questions.

1. So what oil filter are we suppose to use with this kit?

2. Did anyone experience any whining noise? How did you solve the whining noise?

TIA

1. Same OEM 2.0TSI filter, but you remove the adapter which is attached with red loctite (put socket on top filter and pilers on the adapter, spin apart).

2. I do and couldn't solve it. Got used to it.

who128

Ready to race!
For those that have managed to remove the male insert from that OEM oil filter, how did you do this?

I bought a bigger vise and rather than letting the adaptor break free, the tabs on the oil filter case just broke instead.

I'm seriously thinking of just using 719/30 right now. Not really sure what to do having spent several hundred dollars on vises of various sizes and oil filters to experiment with. Any advice?

Just a thought but can't you just grab 2 M27 X 1.5 nuts and jam it into each other and then unscrew the whole thing out?

https://catalog.mann-filter.com/NA/eng/catalog/MANN-FILTER Katalog Nordamerika/Oil Filter/W 719~45