My 3M Crystalline Tint 40%

What do you think?

• Love it

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Like it.

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Meh..

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Not a fan, but don't know if its worth paying to redo it...

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Not feelin' it

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

Zac#1

Ready to race!
About a month and a half ago I had 3M Crystalline 40% tint installed all the way around. However I cant decide if I love it or hate it... The blue/purple color it has is different then what I was expecting. Sometimes it looks great, other times it looks weird, imo. Middle of the day is when it looks good. But in the morning and evening is when it looks blue/purple... I'm kinda disappointed because this was supposed to be the top of the line tint from 3M. Even though I believe that a slight blue shade makes the car seem to have a sleeker profile. Just something about this tint that I'm not quite feeling... I'm really considering air blue 80 for the windshield. I hope it makes the rest of the tint come together. What I really need to do is see my own car driving down the street to know how the tint really looks. Do any of you here have crystalline on your car?

Here's some pics of mine. First group is where it looks good. Second group, you know.

Like or hate? This last week its been growing on my, though I'm still considering having it redone.

Blue/Purple...

And this pic it looks just perfect IMO. Very slight color shade.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Looks fine dood. I went 50 on the sides and 25 out back.... 40 was a bit too light. But i know some guys like the uniform look.

yunone

Ready to race!
thank you for posting this up. I was thinking 40% and after seeing your shots, i am now thinking 50%. I dont want dark, just a hint darker than stock and the added UV protection

Zac#1

Ready to race!
thank you for posting this up. I was thinking 40% and after seeing your shots, i am now thinking 50%. I dont want dark, just a hint darker than stock and the added UV protection

No prob. It's actually a little lighter in person. I think 40-35% is a perfect mix between giving the car a classy look yet dark enough to give the car a sleek profile. The only thing that's bothering me is the blue.

Hyun

Passed Driver's Ed
No prob. It's actually a little lighter in person. I think 40-35% is a perfect mix between giving the car a classy look yet dark enough to give the car a sleek profile. The only thing that's bothering me is the blue.

You didn't see a sample before you put it on your car?

It's probably looking blue because of the angle and what's reflecting back onto the windows. In those pics, it looks like the sky and a blue painted wall...

I've got 35% suntek cxp, and it pretty much looks like yours. I've never noticed any blue coloring on mine though...

It looks fine to me... As long as the installer did a good job, I'd be happy

Zac#1

Ready to race!
You didn't see a sample before you put it on your car?

It's probably looking blue because of the angle and what's reflecting back onto the windows. In those pics, it looks like the sky and a blue painted wall...

I've got 35% suntek cxp, and it pretty much looks like yours. I've never noticed any blue coloring on mine though...

It looks fine to me... As long as the installer did a good job, I'd be happy

There was a sample and of course it looked perfect. But like I said, sometimes it does look great, other times it drives me nuts.

But it definetly is the sky color, the problem is that it reflects it like a mirror. Other tints don't reflec it quite as extreme.

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
just keep it man. i never even noticed the blue tint till you mentioned it. i have crystalline 30% on my front two and 70% crystalline on my windshield. i got a tint ticket the other day along with a dangerous lane change violation.

i have 5% color stable 3m on all the rear windows.

Zac#1

Ready to race!
^haha same here. It looked amazing to me until one of my co-workers pointed it out:cry: The worst panel of them is the glass on the rear hatch. I'm taking it in tomorrow morning to have it replaced with 25-20%. Hopefully it will clean it up.

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
i'm going 70% on the front windows soon. i dont want any more tint tickets and my police officer brother in law told me i'd probably get pulled over for it again if i kept it :(