GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help! Forge Twintake problem

dozy

The glue gave way and the shop re-glued it.. but it came apart again. :( Anyone have the same experience or a solution to fix it? Thanks!!

Attachments

• forgetwintake2.jpg
    forgetwintake2.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 384
  • Forgetwintake1.jpg
    Forgetwintake1.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 387

Rigormootis

Ready to race!
I'd be on the phone with Forge first off!! What kind of crap is that, the glue isn't holding on a 600.00 intake?? The only glue you could really try is a two part epoxy and not a 5 minute one either. Take it off bring it in the house, clean it thoroughly, let it dry and then scuff the bonding areas with a little emery cloth. clean again and then epoxy. Let it sit over night.

GolfR1031

Ready to race!
i have a forge twintake, I've had it for 5 months no signs of the glue falling off but if i were you i would be calling forge 90395793539027590 times a minute till they send you a new one

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
You need a major engine detail as well.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Throw Forge a call.
These are the crappy V2 canisters; I had a very annoying albeit different issue with them as you can see in the pics below (flimsy aluminum crushed under the pressure and heat), and Forge sent me the V1 for free; those are of better quality and come with screws on both ends instead of glue. For more details read here.

V2 vs V1

Crushed flimsy aluminum;

dozy

Thanks for all the advice guys! As with Tazz, Forge just sent me a new set of V1s which just arrived today. AWESOME customer service from Forge! Can't wait to install them!

Carbon Steel: yep, I do indeed need an engine detail. The heavy pollution here in Hong Kong doesn't help! haha