GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Go stage 2? Help

Mason

I have a 2011 Gti with stage two apr intake and a 3inch eurojet turbo back exhaust. It is apr stage 1 tuned at the moment what are the benefits of going stage two? Is it worth the extra money? I know it blocks the check engine light but besides that is it worth it?

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Did you get the intake and exhaust after getting the Stage 1 tune? My stage 1 to stage 2 flash was free. Some shops might charge a minimal $40-60 shop charge but the actual update is free. The benefits of stage 2 are more power. You already have the hardware, so why not get the updated ECU flash?

zrickety

The Fixer
The new tune is supposed to be awesome. I was very happy stage 1 though. It's a coin flip for me.

Mason

I already had all the hardware car was original tuned stage 2 by a different company when I purchased it and I made it stage one apr to pass inspection. And now I can't decide if I want to pay the 150 more for stage 2.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I already had all the hardware car was original tuned stage 2 by a different company when I purchased it and I made it stage one apr to pass inspection. And now I can't decide if I want to pay the 150 more for stage 2.

Stage 2 has a stronger upper rpm power. look at the curves on APR website. Youd look at like 10-15 wheel torque more and 10-15 wheel horsepower more.

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Absolutely no question. Get stage 2. I mean, why get the required and supporting mods and NOT get it? Just doesn't make sense.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
do it do it do it. its so sick to have it keep pulling all the way up to 6500k. You have to do a lot less shifting to have fun. you dont have to keep riding that tiny powerband

Midknight1

Ready to race!
Check out their website? That answers all questions really haha. But yes, stage 2 (especially the new file) is worth it.

The only 'downside' is that you will speed up needing a new clutch

Sent from the future

Last edited:

Midknight1

Ready to race!
Did you get the intake and exhaust after getting the Stage 1 tune? My stage 1 to stage 2 flash was free. Some shops might charge a minimal $40-60 shop charge but the actual update is free. The benefits of stage 2 are more power. You already have the hardware, so why not get the updated ECU flash?

How did you swing that haha? Software upgrade from APR isn't free unless you buy their downpipe I thought?

If you are referring to the V2 update just released, then yes that's free, but I thought going from stage 1 to stage 2 isn't.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
How did you swing that haha? Software upgrade from APR isn't free unless you buy their downpipe I thought?

If you are referring to the V2 update just released, then yes that's free, but I thought going from stage 1 to stage 2 isn't.

There are 3 conditions that apply to upgrade fee for APR stage 1 to 2.

1) Bought stage one before February 2015(Free Up from stage 1 to stage 2)
2) Buy APR Downpipe (Free Upgrade to stage 2 from stage 1)
3) If neither apply $149.99 upgrade price

Midknight1

Ready to race!
There are 3 conditions that apply to upgrade fee for APR stage 1 to 2.

1) Bought stage one before February 2015(Free Up from stage 1 to stage 2)
2) Buy APR Downpipe (Free Upgrade to stage 2 from stage 1)
3) If neither apply $149.99 upgrade price

Hmmmm I got stage 1 about 2 years ago, but it still cost me to go to stage 2 (about 2 weeks ago)...or do you mean it was free if upgrading before February 2015?

fastmk6

Ready to race!
Hmmmm I got stage 1 about 2 years ago, but it still cost me to go to stage 2 (about 2 weeks ago)...or do you mean it was free if upgrading before February 2015?

If you got your stage 1 tune done before February 15, 2015 your upgrade to stage 2 should have been free, other than labor. This isn't well known to the shops, I had to tell mine about it and they had to contact their rep at APR to get it approved.

Midknight1

Ready to race!
If you got your stage 1 tune done before February 15, 2015 your upgrade to stage 2 should have been free, other than labor. This isn't well known to the shops, I had to tell mine about it and they had to contact their rep at APR to get it approved.

Well then...missed opportunity I guess. I didn't know about this, and I guess neither did my local shop. Oh well, still worth it I suppose...maybe I could get a refund from APR or something...wonder how many other people didn't know about this

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
I got my stage 1 tune in 2012, well before the new rules, which was why my stage 2 tune was free.

Mason

Has anyone got the no lift shifting from apr on their car? That looks awesome and I wanted to know if anyone has tried it out yet? And their opinion on it