GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UNDER PASSENGER SEAT

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
Do you guys know what that connector is underneath our passenger seats? I thought it was the Airbag ignitor and pressure switch harness, but mine is disconnected without an airbag light. The only light I CANNOT get to go off no matter what is my TPMS light. Any ideas guys? I want to upload a pic but this site wont let me.

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
It is a one row connector.. blue, black, red, orange, yellow wires.. Looks like it has two seperate connectors piggybacked into it.. I cannot see that far up under my seat, but it looks like everything is connected?

angina

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you guys know what that connector is underneath our passenger seats? I thought it was the Airbag ignitor and pressure switch harness, but mine is disconnected without an airbag light. The only light I CANNOT get to go off no matter what is my TPMS light. Any ideas guys? I want to upload a pic but this site wont let me.

The TPMS light is reset by a button that is inside your glove compartment. Hold that button down and the light should turn off (that is assuming your tires are filled to the correct PSi.. 42 I believe).

I haven't checked below the passenger seat, but could it possibly be a harness for the bluetooth unit? I know that the US Golf R headunits (RNS-315) have BT built in, but I know cars with the RNS510 need to have the 9W2 or 9W7 BT module installed under the passenger seat, with a cable run under the seat to the headunit. Maybe it it prewired for this???

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
Nah the TPMS does not reset even at the dealer. My dealership... well... they do not need to touch my car. My bluetooth works fine. It has to have something to do with the airbags or some sensor, I just don't know. It isn't a priority, it is under the passenger seat so it can stay there for now..