VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum -

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 12-07-2017, 08:37 PM   #15
FIA World Rally Car Champion
Drives: 09 GLI
With street tires you shouldn't be using "LC" like it tells you in the manual anyway. Everyone has their own technique but I found at the track just reving to around 2200rpm, letting go of the brake and then feathering the gas til you hook up works best.
BudgetPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:20 PM   #16
Ready to race!
Drives: 2012 GTI DSG Autobahn
The car came with Pirelli "street tires" and launch control was in the manual (that's what VW called it, so I don't have a dog in the fight). I don't remember seeing a warning about it not being applicable for oem tires. And I can assure you Continential Extremecontact DWS 06's have quite a bit more grip than the OEM Pirelli's ZeroNeros that it originally had, and might even give a decent grip competition vs. a cheap summer. Perhaps the only street tire that has parity with my Contis are Michelin's best A/S.

Assuming though that I had summers on there, if I can't just "peddle-to-the-floor" the LC, then it's worthless anyway. I'll just consider it a useless feature as many of you have said and work on getting a good manual, feather launch down.

Thanks All!
azanon is offline   Reply With Quote