GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
im curious what the differs the stage 1+ from the stage 2? nice to see there is a high boost

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
If they are allowing pro-tuning software for the VW platform, it shouldn't be much different than in the JDM past with dyno tuning and smoothing it out, getting some extra power and torque, adjusting the fuel levels so you are not as rich, etc. So, while the base AP and maps aren't necessarily a game changer, if they are doing pro tuning option with this for shops, then it actually is. At least in our area, I haven't seen anyone doing much custom VAG tuning.

Bingo! This is why I'm stoked. I'm just curious if they're working on the Golf R (since I basically have the Mk5 equivalent).

SirClimax

Ready to race!
im curious what the differs the stage 1+ from the stage 2? nice to see there is a high boost

I believe stage 1 is no mods, stage 1+ is with intake, stage 2 is downpipe + intake

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
I think their numbers look spot on for Stage 2, 93 octane. As these are to the WHEELS. not crank.

Why are folks saying they're more moderate? Would like to know actual hardware used on these dyno numbers to get an idea.

My unitronics Stage 2 with my mods, I put down ~255HP and 290tq

Even had a slight boost leak, now looking back at bigger picture. As an issue carried over for longest time until recently (up until I swapped to IE intake)

The numbers arent bad but its the same numbers cars a putting down with OTS tunes, I expected more from a car tune specifically by cobb. Obviously you can only do so much with the same hardware but if the standard file is going to make the same as everyone else and cobb cant get more out of it, kinda negates a pro-tune

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
The numbers arent bad but its the same numbers cars a putting down with OTS tunes, I expected more from a car tune specifically by cobb. Obviously you can only do so much with the same hardware but if the standard file is going to make the same as everyone else and cobb cant get more out of it, kinda negates a pro-tune

I think you're completely missing the point. They aren't going to make the file for the masses any higher than this at the cost of "safety" if that truly exist. A lot of consumers are looking for more without pushing the limits of their hardware. It's the option of having someone squeeze out every last horsepower and torque using the AS that's the appeal over other tuners.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
So if APR is Apple then Cobb is Samsung?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Microsoft is most apt. They provide the platform and the tools to do your own thing. Samsung loads someone else's shit then fucks it all up. Not sure there's a parallel there or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
I think Microsoft is most apt. They provide the platform and the tools to do your own thing. Samsung loads someone else's shit then fucks it all up. Not sure there's a parallel there or not.

Lol...[emoji23] true!

Antimatter

Ready to race!

As Sanderz said, the OTS tunes are not pro-tunes. They are the basic, most safe tunes just like every other tuning company has. A pro-tune is when you take it to the shop and have someone dyno tune your car utilizing the Accessport.

APR Stage 2 plus an interior that's superior.

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
As Sanderz said, the OTS tunes are not pro-tunes. They are the basic, most safe tunes just like every other tuning company has. A pro-tune is when you take it to the shop and have someone dyno tune your car utilizing the Accessport.

APR Stage 2 plus an interior that's superior.

yea I know what a protune is, but I would imagine the actual creators of this would show what its capable of. There are off the shelf tunes capable of the same or more already so it makes it come down to needing to get a protune to match the competitors? That doesnt make much sense.

not sure what "plus an interior" means?

jm090

Passed Driver's Ed
yea I know what a protune is, but I would imagine the actual creators of this would show what its capable of. There are off the shelf tunes capable of the same or more already so it makes it come down to needing to get a protune to match the competitors? That doesnt make much sense.

not sure what "plus an interior" means?
How does it need a pro tune to match competitors? These unofficial dyno numbers seem to be pretty close to inline with apr, unitronic, and giac. Too many people making assumptions off of these dynos that we don't know too much about.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
To the people talking like this is the 2nd coming of Christ what are you actually expecting from a "dyno" tune with basic stage 2 bolt ons?

SirClimax

Ready to race!
To the people talking like this is the 2nd coming of Christ what are you actually expecting from a "dyno" tune with basic stage 2 bolt ons?
Once again no one was really expecting an amazing tune that shattered all other tuners. It is more about the potential to buy the AP with multiple tunes included as well as the option for pro-tuning for around $600. As long as their tune stays on par with others than it is hard to justify other tuning options for a new buyer.

jackhossross

Ready to race!
Once again no one was really expecting an amazing tune that shattered all other tuners. It is more about the potential to buy the AP with multiple tunes included as well as the option for pro-tuning for around $600. As long as their tune stays on par with others than it is hard to justify other tuning options for a new buyer.

Exactly this. However with the Bluetooth Dongle from APR, can't we achieve a very similar interface?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Exactly this. However with the Bluetooth Dongle from APR, can't we achieve a very similar interface?

APRs dongle doesnt allow any tune adjustments or custom maps. or stage 1, 2, stock etcs(It would just be your tune so if you have a stage 1 fully loaded with the dongle from apr you will have Stock, stage 1, valet etc. You cant have stage 1, stage 2, and k04 on the dongle(at the same time).... not sure what you mean by similar interface?

jackhossross

Ready to race!
APRs dongle doesnt allow any tune adjustments or custom maps. or stage 1, 2, stock etcs(It would just be your tune so if you have a stage 1 fully loaded with the dongle from apr you will have Stock, stage 1, valet etc. You cant have stage 1, stage 2, and k04 on the dongle(at the same time).... not sure what you mean by similar interface?

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for the information.