GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
im hoping a Cobb rep will jump on the forum to answer all of our questions :)

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
What about pro tuning for other turbos? IE: 3071WG-R or GTX29 series?

according to there response on facebook, it wont be an off the shelf tune, but they will have a tuning solution available, whatever bolt ons/turbo, a protuner in the network can make it happen.

not word from word but you get it

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
How does it need a pro tune to match competitors? These unofficial dyno numbers seem to be pretty close to inline with apr, unitronic, and giac. Too many people making assumptions off of these dynos that we don't know too much about.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

The dynos were posted by cobb themselves and also supplied by the owner of the car.

The reason I mentioned needing a protune is so far it looks like apr's current update that is in beta is making more power then this and UM's tune already does. Ive made more torque on a stock hardware car then their stage 2 ho tune.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
The dynos were posted by cobb themselves and also supplied by the owner of the car.

The reason I mentioned needing a protune is so far it looks like apr's current update that is in beta is making more power then this and UM's tune already does. Ive made more torque on a stock hardware car then their stage 2 ho tune.

Keeping in mind pure power numbers are not the main reason people get Cobb. It is for the features, ability to sell for 80-90% of value, among other reasons.

People literally sell them over on the FoST forums for $450. They buy it from Cobb for $500. So basically you can get 10's of thousands of miles tuned, for $50. Try doing that on APR lol.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Keeping in mind pure power numbers are not the main reason people get Cobb. It is for the features, ability to sell for 80-90% of value, among other reasons.

People literally sell them over on the FoST forums for $450. They buy it from Cobb for $500. So basically you can get 10's of thousands of miles tuned, for $50. Try doing that on APR lol.

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion

I agree thats a great benefit of it. Not disputing that at all.

My response is for those that keep bringing up how awesome a protune will be

jackhossross

Ready to race!
I agree thats a great benefit of it. Not disputing that at all.

My response is for those that keep bringing up how awesome a protune will be

My Subaru pro tuned with modifications past stage 2+ was absurd compared to what was available OTS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
My Subaru pro tuned with modifications past stage 2+ was absurd compared to what was available OTS.

Apples to oranges. Compared to the MK6 ECU's the Subaru's ECU is ancient technology. So where as the Subaru's need to be tuned for every mod in order to not blow up, you can run almost any mod including big turbo on stock software without too many issues. As far as power goes, the MK6 ECU does a much better job at real-time adjustments. This is why you will see less gain from a pro-tune vs. OTS tune on a MK6 then you will from say an OTS tune to a Pro-tune on a Subbie.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
What is the difference? We have data today with Eurodyne, anyone got anecdotal experience with the pro-tune gains on a stage 2 car vs OTS?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

kern417

Go Kart Champion
What is the difference? We have data today with Eurodyne, anyone got anecdotal experience with the pro-tune gains on a stage 2 car vs OTS?

nobody custom tunes a stock turbo car so you won't get any feedback. most people wait for eurodyne until theyre running a bigger turbo but others that i've seen just buy it so they can flash in their driveway. i'd love to see someone prove me otherwise though as i'd be curious to see if there were any gains.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion

i think the hand held base, tuning and logging at your palm is a big one, this is something the VW world hasn't seen. pro tune and OTS, my personal opinion, OTS tuners say to get there advertised numbers you have to run there hardware. pro tune, can tune for whats best for your car with your mods maximizing fuel/ignition.

example like my mods have nothing of REVO, just the software. REVO has made one k04 map and that is all, which came out like years ago. unlike APR they have came out with better revisions of there current maps which I applaud.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
according to there response on facebook, it wont be an off the shelf tune, but they will have a tuning solution available, whatever bolt ons/turbo, a protuner in the network can make it happen.

not word from word but you get it

Saying something can be done and actually getting that thing done is two totally different things.