GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DOESNT SEEM NEARLY AS FAST!! and POINT PROVEN TODAY!!

CobraKing

Ready to race!
My car at varies drastically with how fast it feels. Some days it feels great, and others it feels slow as fuck. Doesn't seem to follow changes in weather or anything else I can really think of. Seems really random, and it is pretty annoying honestly.

Humidity and pressure can affect a car's performance - especially a car with a turbo.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Humidity and pressure can affect a car's performance - especially a car with a turbo.

Every Day... It's virtually impossible to duplicate performance reliably given the ton of sensors reporting to the ECU...

Halvie

WOOSA

what I mean is like drive to a store. Car feels like shit. Leave store and car feels strong. Matter of 20 minutes. Same weather same roads same everything. Isn't in my head either.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
what did you buy at the store? was it exciting?? ;)

dels

Ready to race!
Yeah, some days wheel spin all through 2nd gear, and some days, barely a chirp. I have never had a car with this type of night and day personality. I've had to log boost just to make sure I'm not in stock mode.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, some days wheel spin all through 2nd gear, and some days, barely a chirp. I have never had a car with this type of night and day personality. I've had to log boost just to make sure I'm not in stock mode.

It is so weird, I don't get it!

Halvie

WOOSA

another charming vw trait I suppose...

Burntchicken

Ready to race!
what I mean is like drive to a store. Car feels like shit. Leave store and car feels strong. Matter of 20 minutes. Same weather same roads same everything. Isn't in my head either.

Maybe it was uphill to the store, and downhill from? :)

epikHI998

Passed Driver's Ed
I experience the same thing. Sometimes my car goes gangbusters when accelerating out of a turn, other times its a dud.

I think its a combination of the many factors the ECU takes into account before deciding how to interpret your throttle input. Turning angle, throttle input, driving history (DSG), etc