GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leftover 13 GTI DE Good deal?

JPGTIST

They're offering $7k off now and a fantastic price on my trade. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on it. Thanks for all the replies.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
a 2013 sitting on the lot at what sticker prize it had isn't abnormal

No one goes to a VW dealership ready to throw down $32k for a Driver's Edition GTI when they can get a base model GTI for $25k (mark 6), so it is no surprise that they have some leftover cars.

Mine was same situation. I got it for $25k, it was $32k tag.

JPGTIST

Well, I guess I won't be joining the GTI club after all. Wound up getting a 15 Mazda 6. Paid less for it than the GTI. Wife liked it better. I could've gone either way. The 6 does everything well, gets 38mpg on regular fuel and should cost a lot less to maintain. I've had 3 Mazdas previously and had very few issues. Thanks again for the replies.

cevil203

Ready to race!
i picked up a 2013 Autobahn for $21k with 20,000 miles so i'd say your deal is pretty good (mine is not cpo). Regardless, congrats on the mazda!

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Well, I guess I won't be joining the GTI club after all. Wound up getting a 15 Mazda 6. Paid less for it than the GTI. Wife liked it better. I could've gone either way. The 6 does everything well, gets 38mpg on regular fuel and should cost a lot less to maintain. I've had 3 Mazdas previously and had very few issues. Thanks again for the replies.

I actually really like the Mazda 6. Feel free to stick around the forum though! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rokketman

Ready to race!
Well if the Mrs. likes it, then she likes it. But I will tell you that you made a massive mistake. The 6 is a beautiful design, and being a Mazda, actually drives pretty well.

But the GTI would have grown on you in a way that the Mazda will not. Both cars are FWD, 4 cylinder. But the GTI does it in a way that even God may find Himself smiling at it sometimes.

JPGTIST

I'm actually pondering trading the ST for the GTI. The GTIs just seem to be more problematic and more expensive to maintain (water pumps, intake, carbon, etc.). I've had 1 major issue with the ST (clutch went out @7500 miles) but it was handled under warranty. I've put on 15K miles since with no issues.