GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf GT DSG - MK6 or MK7?

Golfur

I really can't decide which would be best. There are reports of worse fuel economy in the new golf. Alongside gearbox problems. But then reports say it's a new car in itself - size, chassis, ect. Obviously tons of updated tech too!

I'm getting the GT, down to the comfort of the ride - but just how much more comfy than a standard golf match is the comfort? Also the leather seats felt amazing to drive in. Like being sat on a cloud!

I'm UK based, and would really like some input on this, as there are mk7's available for my budget, but the mk6 seems more tried and tested? It's a 2012 model i'm looking at.

zrickety

The Fixer
You'll save money with the mk6 either way. I haven't driven the 7 but looked at them. I hear the crash avoidance system reduces your insurance but it's not standard here in the US. We get the Mexico cars. Mods are more readily available for the 6 as well, depending on your goals.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Get the MK7. The MK6 is based on the MK5 platform, which was developed in the early 2000's. VW invested billions on the MK7's all-new MQB chassis and that commitment speaks for itself when you drive them.