GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
Great of you to fill me in on all this. Truly appreciated. Cheers!

I'm aware of the Tire Rack sponsorship and have already made contact with Sonny.

Thanks again! Vdub bro-love at it's finest. lol

It's all good! I'm just passing on the tidbits I picked up in various places on this and other sites. :)

I used grambles DIY to put in my new spark plugs and coilpacks today. This site rocks.

new 2

Passed Driver's Ed
i was looking for this thread when i posted my headlight switch thread but couldnt find it, rhought maybe it had been on vortex and i lost it...so i'll ask here instead, since they are definitely stupid questions that i couldnt find answers for on search.

i picked up a euro switch cheap from a friend, it has drl, auto, parking light and on. i just want to be able to run my fogs with teh headlights turned off.

1. its my understanding that the switch + this wire http://www.dbcperformance.com/000979...000979009e.htm will allow that, i've seen a few write ups. ive also seen this wire in write ups for euro r/etc tails with rear fogs. is it the same wire to the same place that serves this function for both? on ecs its listed as the wire for rear fogs but its listed in a write up for front as well so i'm assuming the same wire to the same two pins serves the same function for front and rear fogs with a euro switch?

2. what exactly is "coming home" and "leaving home"? it was somewhat explained to me but the person wasn't totally sure. i was also told by the seller that the switch he sold me had functions for that but he had a mk5, which leads to my next question:

3. i was informed that at least for the six you must have xenons in order to run coming/leaving home, is this true or no? i've heard mixed answers.

4. i know that i will have to have it recoded for coming/leaving home, i don't think i need to in order to have headlights off/fogs on correct? but i eventually want r tails with rear fogs, can anyone point me in the direction of any threads with the coding info?

Mello03

Ready to race!
^^That's COMPLETELY WRONG!!!^^
When i did my 20k service i got my tires rotated, after that my car pulls to the left... (My car was perfect before the 20k service)...

Alignment is schedule for next week...

This logic makes no sense whatsoever. Rotating tires has absolutely nothing to do with alignment. Nothing. Someone possibly "adjusted" your toe or camber while they were rotating your tires. If it is truly out of alignment it was either like that before or someone is looking to do some alignments this month.

TwentyFour

I want to replace my front fog lamps with yellow ones, I was going to get the H8 PIAA ones as I have seen good things said about them on the forum. I'll need to get them shipped over from the US as I can't find any in the U.K.

Is it a simple switch of the bulbs or will I need anything else to get them to work error free? I couldn't find much information on the subject which is why I feel it may be a stupid question :)
Thanks!

boosted27

Go Kart Champion
I want to replace my front fog lamps with yellow ones, I was going to get the H8 PIAA ones as I have seen good things said about them on the forum. I'll need to get them shipped over from the US as I can't find any in the U.K.

Is it a simple switch of the bulbs or will I need anything else to get them to work error free? I couldn't find much information on the subject which is why I feel it may be a stupid question :)
Thanks!

I just swapped the Nokyan H8 2500K yellow fogs 2 weeks ago... in my case it was just a straight swap and no ERRORS. ;)

GTIJenn1

Go Kart Champion
Ok this is a really stupid question...

My low washer fluid light just came on...any particular brand or type you guys suggest?

Merkle

Banned
Anyone know the part number for the piece of trim in the rear where the two little strings attach? One tab broke off and I only have 1 string holding up my trunk cover.

Do wheel spacers make it more dangerous to drive your car hard?

A_Bowers

Ok this is a really stupid question...

My low washer fluid light just came on...any particular brand or type you guys suggest?

DBC has the concentrate for 7 bucks......thats what I used

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
i would say the rain-x one. works pretty good IMO.

spiker369

on air, don't care
I tried using the search function at the top but I feel like I can't use that thing correctly... ><
Anyways, I want LEDs for my interior lighting. Depending on costs I mainly just want to get at least red ones for the foot wells because the red tail light tape over the stock lights isn't cutting it.
Any help would be great. :)

A_Bowers

GTI7871

Banned

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
if you can, get the rain-x that goes on your windshield too. you almost don't even need windshield wippers because the water flies right off.