GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Volkswagen R Engine Replacement

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
dam man. i hope you went to a good dealer. i wouldnt trust to many people with a entire overhaul in a new car.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
would there be any noticeable symptom of the water pump going out? noise, anything, as a pre-cursor to the ensuing disaster?

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
Wow, and that's a new car? Tsk tsk

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
So much happier with my GTI now.

I suppose you missed the threads where the GTIs pop their engines as well when the timing chain slips :laugh:

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
I suppose you missed the threads where the GTIs pop their engines as well when the timing chain slips :laugh:

Is that related to the new TSB #TB-15-12-01 from July 23 2012 and released in August?

Component: (pws)
Summary: Volkswagen: all models experience the timing chain slipping, rattling noises of the engine after starting, and engine fails to start. 2008-13 all models. *pe

BoostedAutobot

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks like I might be the 2nd one here. Car died while I was driving it Friday night. Called the dealership this morning and they said it was the timing belt. Waiting til monday for their manager to make the warranty call because currently they are saying something fell in the motor while I was installing an aftermarket part.