GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Come on washington... where are you?

sprytdi

Ready to race!
Just for fun, cuz I love er and can't leave er out...;)

My Chevy

dwgolf

Ready to race!
Thanks man:D

I've got a 42DD catch can coming and I'm planning on adding H2O/meth by the end of the month...

It's a constant work in progress, I couldn't have accomplished much of it without the forums, so, thnx MK6 FORUM :thumbsup:

Planning on installing coils by the end of March, with just a couple more things to do till she's done.

RSR clutch, UNiBrace hardware, slotted rotors and a Haldex comp controller round out the list :thumbsup:

Anyone looking for a game changer should look at getting the APR ESC defeat file loaded into their ECM, it's one of the best changes I've made:) and it's fairly cheap, if not free if your having other stuff done, and it totally changes the fun potential of the vehicle :thumbup:

I understand the constant work in progress. My girl... ahh she doesn't get it. So I have a tune shop in Bellevue building me a full turbo kit and intake manifold. Then, I'll be going to Achtuning to get all the flashes.

Already having a turbo, is it to much to turbo an NA engine? the hell am I talking about, the money is already spent. I mean, is it to hard to maintain?

sprytdi

Ready to race!
I understand the constant work in progress. My girl... ahh she doesn't get it. So I have a tune shop in Bellevue building me a full turbo kit and intake manifold. Then, I'll be going to Achtuning to get all the flashes.

Already having a turbo, is it to much to turbo an NA engine? the hell am I talking about, the money is already spent. I mean, is it to hard to maintain?

Those are good questions for the builder.

I know that some blocks work better than others with boost, typically you can run 5-8psi on a N/A motor and be just fine, this will typically add a solid %35 whp gain, which is usually a nice bump, but from there, your looking at a full build.

Also, some blocks don't take to the pressures, the rings on the pistons need to be different, and wind age comes into play, it's not as simple as just adding a turbo, but really it all depends on your goals.

Maintenance shouldn't be any different.

Most women aren't going to "get it" in fact most people in general don't, it's typically only people like us, here in the forums that "get it"

That's why this and so many other forums are so great to read and fun for "us" while others are like, w(hy)TF do you spend so much time reading that boring stuff, lol

My wife doesn't totally "get it" either, although she lets me spend the money, and always loves the vehicles when they are done...

But we are here for you:thumbup:

:D

dwgolf

Ready to race!
thanks

I looked up the turbo kit from bluewater and the turbo kit used in the Mk5. Pistons, rods, hoses, fuel lines, injectors; every thing was upgraded; Intercooler. I was told I wouldn't have to change intervals though. Judging from the shop, the 2.5l can handle 600hp max, before having to change a lot of stuff. I wish I knew a lot about cars, VW's specifically. All I know is the suspension needed to be upgraded.

By the way, that's a very manly truck. Like it

sprytdi

Ready to race!
I looked up the turbo kit from bluewater and the turbo kit used in the Mk5. Pistons, rods, hoses, fuel lines, injectors; every thing was upgraded; Intercooler. I was told I wouldn't have to change intervals though. Judging from the shop, the 2.5l can handle 600hp max, before having to change a lot of stuff. I wish I knew a lot about cars, VW's specifically. All I know is the suspension needed to be upgraded.

By the way, that's a very manly truck. Like it

Bluewater makes nice products fer sure, I'd double check that 600hp claim, the block may be able to handle it, but the internals will fail at far less, your fuel requirements at that power level are at least 2x greater than stock components can provide, what size turbo is needed for that power level for a 2.5? You gotta think about the cooling system(both your engine coolant and engine oil) when adding turbos, turbos create massive heat and need to be able to shed it, they use oil for lubrication and cooling properties and typically have a coolant line running through it as well. So with that in mind, adding the ability to cool everything needs to taken into account as well.

Suspension is a whole other thread,lol

I like our truck too, thanks:thumbsup:
It's 700whp kinda manly, btw, Duramax FTW baby ;)

Last edited:

dwgolf

Ready to race!
setup

You are a really big help.:) I talked to the shop and were are running a t3/t4 setup turbo kit (10-14PSI). This project is very expensive. But when I'm done, I should have around 400HP. But I don't want that much. I would much rather have a big turbo and run about 8PSI and yes 600HP on stock intervals sounds make-believe.

1SIKGTI1

Banned

i also have the B6 Audi S4 wheels avus white

Plastidip just for the winter to protect the wheels.:happyanim:

Last edited:

dwgolf

Ready to race!

i also have the B6 Audi S4 wheels avus white

Plastidip just for the winter to protect the wheels.:happyanim:

i tried plasti dip. I paint wheels for a living. Never tried white. I wish I knew more MK6ers in washington. Ones I've met were douche bags.

Last edited:

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
i tried plasti dip. I paint wheels for a living. Never tried white. I wish I knew more MK6ers in washington. Ones I've met were douche bags.

Where abouts are you? I saw what I think was your car 2-3 weeks back heading down the Kent/Des Moines highway towards Kent, it was same color, tinted, with black wheels, 2.5, etc.

Here's my baby...though she's currently at the shop :(
They think my upper control arm bushing is toast...at under 12k miles, that's not a good sign lol.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Here's my (wife's) truck.