GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Drove the R Yesterday

OzGTI1

Ready to race!
Come on fellas, I am just taking advantage of the incentive scheme that our government put out to stimulate the economy. I put the order on the R with no obligation to purchase in that I specified on the contract that I wanted to drive it before I confirmed the order. If I did not like the car, I would tear up the contract. I did not have any problems with the dealer at all. He clearly said to me that if I did not want it, there would be line of purchasers waiting. So all good.

I will not be keeping the GTI and I already have a couple of my friends who want to purchase it from me. I will keep it until the end of the year unless my wife wants to keep it for herself. She loves it!!!

OzGTI, that is a great buy and I will use it to do a better deal. Who are you getting that from?

Ha, sorry xenon, I was only quoting HPSOV...he's the one getting the R. I'll stick to my GTI. I do like the R, like I said...but for the money, the GTI is enough. Simple chip will up the power If I ever wanted to, but really, how fast am I going to go on the streets of Sydney? I either get dinged by a speed camera, or total my suspension from the potholes :)

And true about ordering R's, it does seem nuts to sign on the dotted line without driving it. Some people know what VW offers in terms of performance already, and assume the R will be no different. Those are also the people that want to be the first to get the R (not knocking that).

At the same time, the R's are selling so fast over here...if you did change your mind on it, a dealer would have no issue at all selling it to someone else.

xenon

Ready to race!
True that...

I tell my wife, I am 45 and I will never get these days back again. She says you can always get bigger and better when you are older. I tell her that this is the time to enjoy things like a car or a bike or a jetski because when I am 60 I will not be able to or not be bothered about it then.
So, I will get the R and most likely give the GTI to her and who knows what else. Just live and love life because it ain't comin' back too fast.

I'll probably chip the R too and track it. I may not do it but I will keep the door open.

I love this forum.