GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best intake & benefits?

VR6eric

Ready to race!
I'm a newbie to mods and would like to know what the best intake is out in the market? Ideally, I'm looking for a silent intake with decent output. So, if you have any of the intakes below, I'd like to get your peronal experience and review.

BSH *True Seal* TSI Stage 1 Intake System

BSH *True Seal* TSI Stage 2 Air Intake Package

Evolution Motorsports 2.0T TSI V-Flow Intake

Carbonio Carbon Fiber 2.0T TSI Cold Air Intake

Thanks!

TeutonicTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
i have been looking at intakes as well and have come to the conclusion that most intakes are probably going to give you similar results, at least for the short ram part. Its all in brand preference and what sound you're after.

EVO Motorsports is one of the louder intakes from what i've heard, but it has a good reputation
Price: $250-299 for intake only

Carbonio is expensive, but fit/finish is excellent and it is a "quiet" intake compared to some of the others (maybe what you are looking for) because it is enclosed. They also offer a stage II pipe like the BSH for even more gains.
$199 for stage II pipe

BSH stage I is a ram air setup and heat sheild. stage II adds an extra pipe connecting the MAF to the turbo. It is in between the other two intakes in terms of engine noise, and has a pretty good reputation as well. It is also one of the better buys in the intake market.
Price: $169 for stage I
$320-350 for stage I & II

hope that helps

2010_GTI

i have been looking at intakes as well and have come to the conclusion that most intakes are probably going to give you similar results, at least for the short ram part. Its all in brand preference and what sound you're after.

EVO Motorsports is one of the louder intakes from what i've heard, but it has a good reputation

Carbonio is expensive, but fit/finish is excellent and it is a "quiet" intake compared to some of the others (maybe what you are looking for) because it is enclosed. They also offer a stage II pipe like the BSH for even more gains.
$199 for stage II pipe

BSH stage I is a ram air setup and heat sheild. stage II adds an extra pipe connecting the MAF to the turbo. It is in between the other two intakes in terms of engine noise, and has a pretty good reputation as well. It is also one of the better buys in the intake market.
Price: $169 for stage I
$320-350 for stage I & II

hope that helps

Thanks for the info's... THat's cool !

I have a question... Can I take the loud EVO Short intake mixted with the BSH stage II pipe ? :confused:

:thumbup:

TeutonicTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
yes, yes you can. its going to be more costly in the end, but both of the pieces you mentioned work with the MAF being in the stock position, so when you connect say the EVOMS intake the MAF stays where it is, and the BSH stage II pipe should also leave the MAF in the same position. I will probably end up doing this as well. I originally ordered a BSH stage I & II from dbcperformance, but they were out of BSH filters and it would have taken a while to ship, so I switched to the EVOMS, and will either get a BSH stage II thereafter or wait a few weeks for EVOMS to bring their second stage of the intake to market (we're looking at about 5 weeks from what ian @ evoms told me)

2010_GTI

yes, yes you can. its going to be more costly in the end, but both of the pieces you mentioned work with the MAF being in the stock position, so when you connect say the EVOMS intake the MAF stays where it is, and the BSH stage II pipe should also leave the MAF in the same position. I will probably end up doing this as well. I originally ordered a BSH stage I & II from dbcperformance, but they were out of BSH filters and it would have taken a while to ship, so I switched to the EVOMS, and will either get a BSH stage II thereafter or wait a few weeks for EVOMS to bring their second stage of the intake to market (we're looking at about 5 weeks from what ian @ evoms told me)

That's so cool... I'm gone a do that mixt-up too ! Thanks bro :thumbup:

Alex.

Ready to race!
I am pretty set on getting the Stage 2 Carbonio in the near future, because it just looks much cleaner than the BSH.

TeutonicTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
hope you don't plan on adding a dv relocate or catch-can then :p
but yes, the carbonio is definitely aesthetically superior