GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'13 Charger R/T--'Murica, Mullets & Medics

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Yes, I did it. Traded in the GTI today for a 13 Charger R/T. Some of you question my sanity, but it makes sense for me. Opinions are all different, and if you are here to troll, GTFO. I'm well aware of the weak points of the car, and will have intelligent discussions about it, but don't come in here calling me stupid and the car sucks and K04 would smoke it. That isn't the point.

The GTI was a a great car, for awhile. I really liked it, and had plans for K04 but then the problems started. Coil packs, mechatronics, wiring, water pump, etc. The last few months it spent a lot of time in the shop. So I went to my heart and got a V8 instead. Always been a V8 guy, and the GTI was a definitely an odd one in my ownership history.

Enter the Charger R/T. 370 hp 395 tq. Tons of standard features like remote start, uConnect (like Ford SYNC), keyless entry, touch screen stereo/HVAC controls, iPod/USB/aux inputs, SD card slot, satellite radio, steering wheel audio controls and voice recognition, LED tails, HID heads, heated sears/mirrors, etc. Only option I chose was wheels and tunes which adds 20" wheels, Beats by Dre audio (552 watts and woofer), sport mode (more aggressive shifting and throttle response), spoiler and paddle shifters. Only things I cared about were stereo and V8, so it helped to keep cost down. Won't go into specifics, but it lowered my payment about $100/month with no money down.

Couple pics:

More will come. I will be ridding myself of the chrome (personally not a fan), add some stripes and of course performance. I love this forum, and will not go away. Sorry! I know some are interested in the progress of the Charger so I will give updates as I go.

And let the flaming begin.... :D

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Plac?

J/k its a gorgeous car. Perfect color too.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
nice one. i like the options you chose. but you say you don't like chrome, do you plan to change the 20" rims? i have to assume the stereo is way better than your GTI's? You didn't have Dynaudio did you?

colors are a very tricky thing for me on Chargers, as in, i barely like any of them. this one is nice, but my top choice is probably white. i do like black, but wouldnt want to maintain it.

im still trying to figure out how the payment is $100 less than your GTI was, when the cars are about the same price. you must have been in pretty good shape on your GTI.

look forward to a cruise if you are ever in the penninsula at the right time.

The back is my favorite view on these things.

Know that the motor gets a LOT stronger by 1000 miles. It's a little tight and sluggish at first.

That 17 foot car fits right in your garage with no problems?

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
congrats bro. I don't care for the RAMZ at all, but do like everything else. any interior pics?

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
nice one. i like the options you chose. but you say you don't like chrome, do you plan to change the 20" rims? i have to assume the stereo is way better than your GTI's? You didn't have Dynaudio did you?

colors are a very tricky thing for me on Chargers, as in, i barely like any of them. this one is nice, but my top choice is probably white. i do like black, but wouldnt maintain it.

I'll just paint the rims. I've done it several times on other cars with amazing results. I'm considering the shadow chrome right now, and then paint the grille. Prob PD with gloss. Worked so well on the GTI's gray plastic trim.

Did not have Dynaudio so obviously the stereo is light years ahead of that. Isn't Dynaudio only like 300 watts or something?

Agreed on the colors. While I dug the orange-ish color it would get old. My 2 serious considerations were white and this, Granite Crystal.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I'll just paint the rims. I've done it several times on other cars with amazing results. I'm considering the shadow chrome right now, and then paint the grille. Prob PD with gloss. Worked so well on the GTI's gray plastic trim.

Did not have Dynaudio so obviously the stereo is light years ahead of that. Isn't Dynaudio only like 300 watts or something?

Agreed on the colors. While I dug the orange-ish color it would get old. My 2 serious considerations were white and this, Granite Crystal.

yes, orange (and yellow) can get old quick. better to get something more subtle for long term.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Oh, and yes, it easily fits in my garage. Plenty of room to walk around it to get to other car and shelving. My main garage is 2+ cars. Deep, wide and has an extra cutout.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
congrats bro. I don't care for the RAMZ at all, but do like everything else. any interior pics?

I'll get those up tomorrow good sir. I like the style of the rim, just hate the chrome. This weekend it will be gone.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Oh, and yes, it easily fits in my garage. Plenty of room to walk around it to get to other car and shelving. My main garage is 2+ cars. Deep, wide and has an extra cutout.

i would black out the grill too. but you know.. you can buy a black "road and track" grill oem and just bolt it on. would look a lot cleaner than paint..

i would gladly spend this $300 on ebay for factory fresh grill.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-D...dge|Model:Charger&hash=item5aeb76f32f&vxp=mtr

or $250 for just the frame:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2011-20...dge|Model:Charger&hash=item4849e89197&vxp=mtr

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Congrats on the new ride. I think it's a solid choice for its segment.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
wow, the incentives are deep on this thing, as in like $7K off.. for the hemi.. pretty impressive.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
wow, the incentives are deep on this thing, as in like $7K off.. for the hemi.. pretty impressive.

dood if they did SRT8 for $7k im done. but they don't discount the SRT8's nearly as much.

the next charger comment:

the trunk on these things is incredible. first 2 things i bought when i had mine.

oem trunk grocery holder
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2013-D...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7f1866d3&vxp=mtr

oem trunk mat
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2011-20...its=Model:Charger&hash=item416cc1682f&vxp=mtr

also look into the retro pistol grip shifter. its plastic, but still looks better than the old fashioned knob.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-2...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7ecafc64&vxp=mtr